Chapter 013

« a misunderstanding »

LITERALLY, everything appeared to be against Han Jinyeol that day as she's clueless about what to say while eyeing her best friend who's more shocked than ever

LITERALLY, everything appeared to be against Han Jinyeol that day as she's clueless about what to say while eyeing her best friend who's more shocked than ever. Well, who could Jinyeol blame when she'd have done the same in Yujung's position?

She was desperate to pretend as the ice boy's fake girlfriend to save him from a burden but had never expected that Kim Yujung's supposed crush would be Park Sunghoon among the dozens of students. Now Jinyeol was feeling guilty as if she had betrayed her best friend.

If she could know about Yujung's crush earlier, she wouldn't have accepted Sunghoon's request but now, things were too late to get reversed-or were they?

❝ M-My...love...? ❞ , Yujung repeated her crush's unbelievable words, quite caught off guard as her lashes started fluttering alongside the adrenaline bursting in her blood. So her assumptions weren't proven wrong after all, huh?

The first girl that Sunghoon had been meeting every day on their campus as a routine was her closest best friend Han Jinyeol...? And he appeared to be in love with her? Only if anything worse than this could hurt Yujung, she wished that she'd rather get it instead of wanting to throw her hatred onto a best friend.

She normally never held a grudge anywhere to anyone but now, the jealousy boiling in her mindset made Yujung pathetic. Now that Yujung's reminiscing how Jinyeol'd been differing a lot from her, who's just a loser and had barely achieved anything, she even felt even more useless.

Her best friend's prettier than her. She's good at everything. She had nice parents who'd overwhelmingly take care of her, treat her like a princess up to the point where they were even asking her temperature every minute.

No wonder why Sunghoon liked her....

Yujung didn't wanna abominably hate on her best friend just because of her selfish ego when it came to Sunghoon but putting herself in comparison with Jinyeol just made her feel.....pathetic. As if she's not enough, never gonna be perfect or get onto the level of Jinyeol.

❝ Yuju-

❝ I-I have to go.....❞ The nerd hastily grabbed the bag pack from her bestie's hands and decided to dash away before gaining more humiliation and getting looked down on by her crush. Jinyeol noticed the changes in her emotional female friend's shaky tone as sadness was dominating her mind. She must have been overwhelmed as well. But things were beyond different from Yujung's guesses as Jinyeol had never spared some feelings onto Yujung's so-called crush.

They were just having a give and take distribution to give a helping hand to save each other, not the same as Kim Yujung's assumption. Now that Sunghoon had reminisced the figure who was standing in front of them a few seconds, he began to realize that it's the creep who stared at them nonstop at an encounter that time at the corridor-but she was Jinyeol's friend all along.