Chapter 1

Gage

Fuck. me. I clasped my hands behind my neck and exhaled in one long huff. What the hell are you doing? I ask that question in my head as I stare down my reflection in the glass table top. I cannot believe I agreed to do this. If you asked me a month ago, hell even a week ago if I'd have agreed to this I would have told you that you were out of your damn mind. After all the shit that went down with Rachel and David I've steered clear of getting too close to any one woman. Why bother getting caught up in some drama or risk someone catching feelings. It took me months to get out of that sick game Rachel played. I swore I'd never get myself roped into anything so juvenile again. Maybe that's the reason I keep most relationships at arm's length. It's not like you have to be committed to someone to have an active sex life. There's plenty of willing pussy out there just dying to be taken. I'm most definitely not suffering from the lack of it. I can get a piece of ass anytime I want with one simple phone call.

But Katya....... She's not just any woman and she's definitely not just a piece of ass. The second I laid eyes on her my heart literally stopped cold. I shit you not. That sounds like some bullshit cliche but I swear to you it's the truth. I honestly forgot how to breathe for a moment. She is nothing like the women I normally fuck with. She's not my usual type, a tall woman with a great ass and legs for days, and they're usually a brunette or a redhead. She's got a great ass alright, but she's petite, just barely over 5' tall with long blonde hair and the biggest bluest eyes. I could drown in those eyes and die a happy man.

She was working the night we met, she's a server at NightShade. That's the most popular gentlemen's club in the city. It also happens to be the club my sister works at. I've used it in the past for meetings with some of my former bosses' associates. We had an arrangement with the owner and with the type of men my former employer deals with, it was best to keep our meetings low key and in back rooms. That night was my last meeting and a celebration night for me. I was out on the main floor instead of in their VIP room, which is how I first laid eyes on her. I started watching her through the night as she weaved in and out of the crowd. I knew I wanted to meet her. I was just waiting for the opportune moment. Little did I know fate had its own plan in mind.

She walked by me with a large tray loaded to capacity with various drinks. When she climbed up a short set of steps that lead to the back room someone bumped into her and she lost her balance. She slipped and I didn't hesitate, instinctively I threw my arms out and caught her around her waist. The sizzling heat that ran through me as my skin touched hers went straight to my dick. I inhaled sharply in surprise as I looked down at what I could only describe as an angel in my arms. The feeling of her tiny body as I pulled her into my chest was unbelievable. And her scent, my God, she was intoxicating to me. I'd never felt instantaneous attraction before I laid my hands on Katya Povlov.

I remember that she was wearing this tiny little black skirt with a see through kinda lace top. I can still feel the lace on my fingers when I close my eyes and picture that moment in my mind. Her bra was one of those low cut ones chicks wear that barely cover their nipples. It was also black but had a hint of red in the stitching. But what really got me hard were her shoes, those God damn shoes! They were jet black high-heeled suede boots that ran all the way up her fucking thighs....mmmm. The things I envisioned doing to her in those shoes are downright illegal.

She kissed me that night. She just sauntered right up to me, straddled my lap, grabbed my face in her dainty hands and laid one on me. It was hot as fuck! Now I'm no idiot, I know she did that shit just to piss someone off. I was also aware of who her little show was intended for. I'd already had words over her with one Mr. David Foster. Seems he didn't like the eye-full he got when he saw her in my arms that night. Hell, I didn't care. I had her in my lap, her ass was in my hands, and my tongue was down her throat. Fuck asking questions, I went for it. Best. First. Kiss. Ever. When she tried to pull back I pulled her closer, deepening the kiss as I moaned into her mouth. I felt her body melt into mine, then and there I knew I had her and I LOVED it. When we finally pulled ourselves apart we both seemed somewhat dazed. At that moment she felt like the perfect drug. I knew if I didn't watch myself I'd become an addict, fast. But it was already too late.