three

The train ran smoothly along the tracks, making a soft humming sound. The young nurses chatted amongst themselves, mostly gawking over Evelyn's story of Rafe. It made Molly happy to see her two best friends fall in love, both were good people.

"Well a little birdy told me that our Molly over here was huggin' some handsome pilot." Barbra says with a cheeky smile, making Mollys eyes widen and cheeks flush a light pink.

"Oh Danny? He's just an old friend!" She says quickly with a forced smile, none of the girls believe it. "Oh shut up, Moll! We know you got the hots for him!" Sandra smiles lightly making Molly blush.

Before much could be said the train stopped, making a loud squeaking sound. The girls smiled and grabbed their luggage, which was taken to the hotel by the luggage men.

Mollys Pov:

"Do you have any friends?" Betty asked Rafe with a cheeky smile, making Rafe step to the side with Evelyn still in his arms. "Take your pick." He says and her face lightens up at the sight of the men.

My eyes land on Danny whose already looking at me with a soft smile, but before I could walk to him Rafe pulls me to the side. "I need to talk to ya." He mumbles as Evelyn walks inside happily, not knowing what Rafe was about to tell me.

"I'm goin off to war, in England! I've been practicing-" I cut Rafe off "Rafe it's war over there! It ain't practice!" I snap and there's silence.

"Listen, Rafe, I know your capable of it alright? Just-Just come back soon and in one piece, for the three of us? Me, Danny and Ev. I-I just got you back." I say sadly and he pulls me into a hug.

"I'll see you in the morning at the train station?" Rafe asks and I nod. "Wouldn't miss it for the world." I smile sadly and we walk inside.

I took a seat next to Danny and laid my head on his shoulder gloomily, he seemed to be in the same mood so I'm guessing he already knows.

"I hate this world. I-I just got you two back and now he's leaving? Gosh, what's next? Getting bombed?" I rant and Danny puts an arm around my waist. "Calm down, Moll. He'll be fine, right? It's Rafe McCawley we're talking about." He says and I smile lightly.

"Yeah, it is." I say softly. "And Rafe McCawley is a fighter." Danny adds making me nod in agreement. "I just don't want anything bad to happen." I sigh. "Let's hope for the best." Danny mumbles.

And that's all we can do, is hope for the best. And if it doesn't happen? Then man are we screwed.