Chapter 1: Inevitable Meeting

Lol I'm re reading and it really doesn't seem that interesting

The wind howled like a lone wolf trying to find its pack. Pale white dots plagued the ground and air. They destroyed everything in their way. Trees wilted as whatever remained on the branches dropped and animals migrated somewhere else. Leaves, torn off the branches by the wind, rode with the wind as they dispersed far from their tree. Their bliss would eventually stop, when they finally touch the ground. The only choice for them then is to shrivel up and die, as if being discarded like trash after being used.

For a certain boy, this truth would hit hard.

"Nii-Chan!" Hanako and Takeo begged, "Can you bring us to the town too?"
"Tanjiro can't do that today. He's not taking the cart!" Kie (his mom) explained. Takeo and Hanako both whines in frustration as they grudgingly accepted her explanation. "Well I'll be off!" Tanjiro gleefully said.

*after selling the charcoal*

Well...I'm Glad I sold all of them! Now my family can eat delicious food! Tanjiro thought. Although... it might be too late for that now... Tanjiro glanced upwards at the twinkling night sky, realising how late he was.

As he hiked higher and higher up the mountain, deep footprints were left in the snow, light reflected from the snow, making him see a glittery mess. Ah! Mr Saburo's house! I'll drop in to say hi!

"Hi! How are you Saburo-Oji San?" Tanjiro greeted politely. Saburo looked up at Tanjiro, clearly shivering. His pupils enlarged as his wrinkles grew in number when he saw Tanjiro. He latched onto Tanjiro's Haori and dragged him down. "Stay here Tanjiro, The demons lurk at night." Tanjiro stared at Saburo, dumbfounded.

Maybe he's just lonely...he lives alone in the mountains after all, Tanjiro thought.

"Sorry Saburo-Oji San. I have to get home now!" Tanjiro tried explaining. "DONT.Its dangerous! The demons are out right now! I'll provide you with dinner so you can leave in the morning! Just don't go out now!" Saburo tried to persuade Tanjiro, desperation imminently in his voice.

"... I'm sorry but I have to leave now..." Tanjiro bowed as he shuffled his steps to get up the mountain faster.

A pungent iron smell purged Tanjiro's nose.

This smell! It's blood! Tanjiro thought, its really strong! It's not just an ordinary injury! What is happening?

Tanjiro sprinted like the wind to know the status of his family.

———————————

A man with curly black hair blocked his path. His eyes widened the moment he took notice of the burgundy haired boy. He opened his mouth to speak,
"Hey.... why do you have those hanafuda earrings?"

Tanjiro stood agape, trembling at the tremendous aura this god-like person was giving off. He could not find the strength to meekly answer his question. He stood there, just staring at the Demon Lord himself, that gave him a death stare that only emphasised on his glowing blood-red eyes.

"Well forget it. You'll never answer me at this rate."Muzan snarled.
"Maybe you'll be the one..." Muzan said, voice trailing off.
"I'll give you a little present for now. Make the most of it!"

Kibutsuji Muzan stabbed his finger into Tanjiro's forehead. Tanjiro's body shook vigorously as cysts formed all over his body, leaving random bulges along his skin that disappeared as soon as they came.

Tanjiro's eyes flickered, on and off, despair slowly swallowing him up while. Slap slap. Tanjiro heard the sounds of straw slippers slap the ground. Muzan brushed the danger aside as Tanjiro desperately cling onto hope. The sound grew closer and closer to them but suddenly came to a halt.

Muzan sensed the presence of one human, a pretty strong one at that. 'Must be a pillar' Muzan thought.

A few minutes before...

Giyuu's POV
There were some rumours of Muzan lurking around here. Rightfully so, they sent me, a Pillar. Honestly, if it's the demon king(of pop) then why send me alone? It's not like I have any friends anyway. A scream then echoed throughout the mountain. I sped up, jumping from branch to branch, not wanting to let another life skip away from my grasp again.

A small wooden house came into view as I ran closer towards it. The more I approached it, the stronger the scent of corpses overwhelmed my nose. The blood seeped into the snow, transforming it from white to pink then to cherry red. The bodies turned pale. A woman with a pink kimono hunched over a smaller child, hugging it as she sustained multiple injuries. She had several deep cuts into her shoulder and was covered head to toe in scratches. The child did it have as many injuries but still died because of them. I slid open the bloodied door as the stench took over my sense of smell.

Several other children were sliced into halves as the rooms were painted with their own blood. Splatters reached to the skies and made their clothes look predominantly red. It was a sight I had seen before many times. Still, a regular Low class demons would not go here in such harsh weather. There really might be a chance that this is the work of Kibutsuji Muzan!

A trail of footsteps imprinted into the snow lead a path to somewhere. Curious, I followed the path, knowing that it might lead me to survivors. A part of a torn kimono laid in my path.

A drop of blood stained the pure white snow. It eventually gathered in huge amounts as I sprinted, wanting to save this life.

Tanjiro's POV

I heard the sound of tatami slippers become louder and louder. Hope grew in my heart. I shouted with all my might, "HELP!"

Giyuu's POV

"HELP!"
A person was still alive! I increased my pace and the sight made me freeze.
A man with plum red eyes and freakishly white skin stared right into my soul.

Tanjiro's POV
A man emerged from behind the trees. He had dull, blue eyes and his ponytail was like a feather duster. He unsheathed his light blue blade and charged straight towards the immortal man. The man looked at me, seemed to be reassuring me. However, the look of his eyes changed from devoid of emotion to slight shock. I looked at my reflection from his sword. My pupils had slots in them! I glanced down at my hands. I had weirdly Long claws!

What happened to me?

I looked back to the black haired man. He stared at me agape, small twinkling jewels threatening to come out. "Oh! He turned into a demon!" The curly haired man said. Shaking uncontrollably, I hesitantly turned back to look at the man's face. His white fedora castes a shadow atop of his pale white skin, making his blood red eyes glow and stand out. His sadistic grin exposed his straight white teeth.

What are you going to do now? Water Pillar-sama?

Author's note

What do you think? Please tell me what I missed out.

or if u don't like I'll delete it and rewrite