4

Shawn POV

"I don't get why I'm forced to meet this woman," Jayden grumbled as he set up the table for dinner. Today is the day Beyonce formally meets my son.

"Oh, so you prefer to meet her on the day of our wedding?" I said teasing him. I looked at him and he gave me a frown. "Look, when Beyonce's gets here please be on your best behavior okay?"

He sighed. "Aight," he said then he walked out of the dining room.

I looked at the time and Beyonce will be popping in, in a couple of minutes. That gives me enough time to go fix myself for my lady. After about ten minutes of being in my room, I went downstairs and that's when I heard the doorbell ringing.

I went to open the door and I was met with Beyonce's beautiful smile. "Hey baby," she said with a smile and I kissed her cheek. "Mmm, someone smells nice," she said after I moved away from her.

"Its your favourite cologne. I gotta smell sexy for my woman," I said brushing my hand over my fresh cut as I bit my bottom lip. "You looking gorgeous as usual."

"One more complement out of you dad and I swear I'm gonna puke," I heard Jayden's loud ass mouth behind me. I reached out my hand and I dragged him to my side.

"Say 'hi' to Beyonce," I said to him.

He sighed. "Wazz good? What's in that plastic bag you're carrying?" He said nonchalantly as he pointed at the plastic bag she was carrying.

"Umm, these are donuts I made for you and your dad. I know that you both enjoy eating them," she said handing the plastic bag to Jayden but I snatched it out of his hand.

"Go inside," I said to Jayden and he walked back inside. Beyonce then walked inside.

We all got situated at the dinner table. Beyonce was sitting next to me and Jayden was sitting across from us. We were having simple lasagna with some vegetables on the side.

"Look, lady. I'm just going to cut to the chase here," Jayden said after a moment of silence. "The hell you want with my father?" I immediately shot him a death glare and I could see his demeanour changing. "Umm, I mean what are your intentions for my father?"

"Rest assured I got good intentions. I love your father very much and I'll always give him the love and respect he deserves," Beyonce said with a smile.

"How do we know that you're not here for my father's money?"

"I have my own money. I'm not the type to date someone for their money," she responded.

"How many siblings do you have?" He asked her.

"None. I'm the only child."

Jayden raised his brow in suspicion as he looked at her up and down. From the look on his face he looks like he's about to ask a stupid question.

"Dad told me you have two kids. One is twelve and the other is six," he said without taking his eyes off Beyonce.

Let this boy not ask something that'll hurt Beyonce's feelings because his ass is stupid enough to do so.

"That's correct," she said.

"Where's their father?"

Beyonce tensed up a bit and I placed my hand on her knee to calm her down. She really hates talking about Cedric. She told me the story of how Cedric did her wrong and she was crying as she told the story. She told me the story once but I remember every single word she said.

"My baby daddy is not in the picture," she said then placed her hand on the table. I placed my hand on top of hers.

"Where is he?"