13

Beyonce POV

"Have a seat right here," Cedric said as he directed me to the living room. He then went over and sat on the opposite couch with Jared.

As you can see, I decided to get inside so we can talk. It kills me to be face to face with him again but I have to talk to him.

"Son, please excuse us. I want to talk to your mother," Cedric said directing to Jared.

"Okay dad," he said then I watched as he disappeared out of the living room. I then diverted my attention back to Cedric. I met his gaze and I gave him a death glare in return.

He cleared his throat. "Jared told me that you're pregnant. Congratulations to you and Shawn," he said.

If he's trying to butter me up, it ain't working. I'm not about to just forget that he fucked me over because he congratulated me on my pregnancy.

"Who's Kenny?" I asked completely disregarding what he just said to me.

"Ummm, he's a friend of mine from high school and also my boss. This is his crib and I'm his roommate," he started. "A couple of years ago I was a mess where I got myself into the wrong crowd hence I got in trouble with the law a couple of times. I lost my job and got evicted from my apartment. I was basically homeless so I turned to illegal dealings to get some quick cash. Kenny then found me, took me in and gave me a job in one of his garages."

That pretty much answers the question about the identity of Kenny.

"I'm pretty sure you also want to know how Jared found me," he said and I just kept quiet. He then gave a nervous chuckle. "It was two years ago, I was walking pass this school when I heard someone calling me. I turned and I saw this handsome boy, he looked up at me and said 'Hello dad'. I couldn't believe he recognized me after all these years. I wanted to make things right so we started talking and hanging out. He's really a nice kid and has such a great heart," he smiled but I just stared at him blankly.

"Mmm," was all I said.

"From the bottom of my heart, I'm deeply sorry about what went down the last time we saw each other," he said and I just scoffed.

"Keep your 'sorry' I don't need it. I survived this far without it so don't even bother yourself," I said.

"I loved you then, I love you now and I'll forever-"

"Love me? You are in no position to talk about loving me. You never loved me," I said in annoyance. "What the fuck is wrong with you? Do you actually believe I'm gonna just forget that you left me six years ago pregnant, with a six year old plus a growing business on the side? I ain't stupid no more."

"I understand that but-"

"No, you don't understand! I called your fucking ass after you left everyday for a month but you never returned my calls. You don't understand the pain I felt whenever Jared slept in my arms and cried himself to sleep because he missed his father so much. You don't understand how difficult it was to try and keep my stress levels down because I was pregnant. You don't understand how difficult it was for me to carry two babies for nine whole months only for one of them to make it out alive," I said as tears welled up my eyes.

I could see Cedric's eyes becoming watery. "Xania had a twin?" He said above a whisper.

I wiped my tears. "It was a boy but why do you care? Xander passed away, we buried him and we moved on," I said then I sniffled.

I hate talking about Xander because I feel like when he died a part of me also died. I know that wherever my baby boy is, he's looking after us especially his twin sister.