17

Cedric POV

"Sign here Mr Green and everything will be final," the lawyer said as we all sat in the boardroom. I took the pen and signed on the dotted line.

The court granted me visitation days with my kids. I'm allowed to have them every weekend. I also have to pay child support every month.

Beyonce also signed then we wrapped everything up and left.

"Umm, do you want to grab something to eat?" I asked Beyonce as I held the door for her then we walked out out of the building.

"Sorry but I can't. I'm having lunch with Shawn," she said.

"Its okay. You can go," I chuckled nervously as I scratched the back of my head.

She smiled and slightly nodded. "See you later then," she said and she walked away. She was going to her car and I was off to the bus stop.

I stood in my tracks and smiled as I watched Beyonce walk further down the sidewalk. She's an amazing person to let me back into my children's lives. I wanna do this right and be the father Jared and Xania deserve.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of screeching tyres followed my indistinct chattering. I turned around and saw this car which was spiralling out of control and it looked like it was about to crash. My eyes were immediately diverted to Beyonce who was oblivious to what was happening because she was window shopping.

"BEY! WATCH OUT!" I shouted as I ran to her because this car was obviously hurtling towards her. I ran as fast as I could to Bey, grabbed her hand and pulled her hard towards me. I stumbled back as she landed on me the second I heard glass shattering.

I flipped her over then hovered above her, being careful not to hurt her baby. I looked down at her and she was panting.

She must be in shock.

"My ankle. It hurts!" She finally uttered as she winced in pain. I immediately got off her.

"Let me help you up," I said getting up. I gently pulled her up. "Can you put weight on that foot?"

I watched as she slowly put her left foot down. "Ow! It really hurts. I think I twisted it real bad," she bit her bottom lip as tears welled up her eyes.

I got down and picked up her handbag then picked her up bridal style.

"My car's over there," she said as we entered the parking lot. "I'll take it from here," she said.

"Nope. I'm taking you to the hospital," I opened her car door and placed her on the passenger seat. I got to the other side and started the car. "I gotta make sure you and the baby are fine," I said pulling out of the parking lot.

Shawn POV

I was on my way to the restaurant Beyonce said we'll meet up when I got a call from Cedric informing me that Beyonce's in the hospital. I put down everything and rushed out to go to her.

I was directed to Beyonce's room, I got in and I immediately saw Beyonce's left leg elevated on a bunch of pillows and it was wrapped in a bandage.

Did she twist her ankle or something?

Cedric was sitting on a chair, on the other side of the room.

"Wazz good Cedric," I said going to him. He stood up and we dapped each other.

"Hey Shawn," he said warmly with a smile on.

"You brought my girl here?" I asked and he nodded. "Thanks man."

I then went over to Bey. She looked like she was about to fall asleep.

"Hey baby," she drowsily said as I smiled at her. "Gimme a kiss boo," she said, close to a whisper. I bent down and pecked her lips. It looked like the energy was drained out of her as her eyelids threatened to shut. I helped her sit up properly.

"What happened baby girl?" It was like I struck a nerve or something because she started crying. It gave me such a fright because I've never seen Beyonce crying like that. I brought her into a hug and she immediately clung onto the back of my jacket like her life depended on it. "Don't cry baby girl. I'm here now," I consoled her.

"If it wasn't for Cedric, we would have lost the baby today," she said between sobs. "I didn't even hear the car coming. I was lost in my own stupid world," she cried harder.

Cedric offered to go get some water for her so that she can try to calm down. In the mean time, I'm gonna try to get what she's saying.

"Have some water Bey," Cedric said handing her the bottle of water. She took it and drank some as he rubbed his back. "Better?"

"Yes," she said in a raspy voice as she looked at Cedric. Her eyes were bloodshot red from all the crying.

"You ready to talk?" I said as I used my thumb to wipe off a few tears that escaped her eyes. She nodded her head and I held both her hands as I sat on the edge of her bed. "Take your time sweetheart."

"After leaving the building, Cedric and I went our separate ways. As I was walking this clothing store captured my attention and I started window shopping, next thing I know I felt someone pulling me away," she narrated. "As I landed on Cedric and I twisted my ankle. Literally a second after I was pulled away, a car came crashing on the same spot I was standing. If it wasn't for Cedric, I would have had a miscarriage or even died," he voice cracked with emotions.

She must have been traumatized once she knew that she dodged a bullet. I'm just glad she's fine.

"Its okay. You're safe now ma," I brought her into a hug. "Thank God you're both fine," I broke the hug and pecked her lips.

"Thank you Cedric for saving our lives," Beyonce said smiling at Cedric.

He returned the smiled as he rubbed his hands together. "It was nothing," he said. "I'll be leaving you two. Your stuff are on the chair."

He then walked out of the room leaving Bey and I. The doctor then came and said Beyonce was in the clear to leave. He told us that she has to be off her feet a lot that's why I'm gonna start working from home so that I can go over at her place and take care of her until she gets better.

"You really didn't have to do this. I would have made it home just fine," Beyonce said as I carried her bridal style into her bedroom.

"I don't wanna risk you hurting yourself," I said gently placing her on her bed. I took pillows to help elevate her twisted ankle. "I'm going to get your car from the hospital then imma pick up the kids from school. I'll be back."

"Nooo," she whined as she pulled me back to her. "Come here boo," she patted the empty side on her bed.

I internally groaned as I made it next to her. "Yes baby," I said looking at her.

"Can you please lie down with me until I fall asleep?" She innocently said as she placed the palm of her hands on either side of my cheeks.

"Bey, I can't-"

"Please, I'm already feeling drowsy from the medication I was given back at the hospital. I'm pretty sure I'll be out in about ten minutes," she said.

She does have a point there. When I got to the hospital she was already feeling drowsy so might as well let her fall asleep in my arms.

I let her rest her head on my chest as I soothingly rubbed her belly. "You asleep yet?" I whispered.

"Yes I am asleep," she said.

"Really?"

She cocked her head up and looked at me. "Yes Shawn. My eyes are wide open and I'm talking to you now because I'm asleep," she sarcastically said.

Damn. Someone's moody. I should get her something to eat when I go pick up the kids from school.