6

Jared POV

"Mom, this ain't fair. You can't do that," I said as I followed mom back to her room.

"Well baby, you better believe it because I just did," she said standing in front of her full length mirror and putting her hair into a neat ponytail.

Its a Saturday and I already had plans with my friends that we'll be playing basketball and skateboarding in the skateboard park but mom made me cancel last minute.

"Mom, I already had plans with my friends," I said. "I won't babysit Xania. I have places to be at," I stood my ground and crossed my arms. Mom must know that I ain't playing, I mean business.

"Jared, I don't have the energy to argue with you today. I'm not feeling well and I also have a lot of errands to run today. Do not be the most challenging part of my day," she said calmly as she looked at me through the mirror.

"Can't you ask auntie Kelly or auntie Tiffany to babysit Xania?" I said.

She shook her head. "Your aunties help me with the nighttime babysitting, you are here for the afternoon babysitting," she said turning then going to take her handbag from her bed.

"At least tell me where you're going so that I'll know how long you'll be out?" I asked mom.

"It don't matter where I'm going. Just know that I'll be back around 5ish to start dinner because Shawn is coming over," she said walking pass me and she got out of her bedroom.

"Why we gotta meet this dude anyways?" I said trailing behind her.

"Its appropriate because our relationship is getting more and more serious. You and your sister are my world and I want y'all to meet the man who'll soon be a part of y'all lives," she said walking down the stairs and I was right behind her.

"Be a part of our lives? You gonna marry this dude? Mama, I don't want this dude to be my father. I already have a father and his name is Cedric Green," I said, she stopped in her tracks and looked at me.

"I'm totally aware of that but Shawn isn't here to replace your father. I may no longer love Cedric or know his whereabouts but that doesn't give me the reason to disrespect the lovely memories you have with him. I just want you, Xania and Shawn to get along because y'all are important to me and I love y'all so much," she said then she kissed my cheek.

She went to the living room to kiss Xania goodbye then she left.

Beyonce POV

"Mommy, I'm hungry. When is this guy coming?" Xania whined as she dragged herself into the kitchen. I've just finished cooking dinner and I'm pretty sure her and Jared just finished setting up the table.

"Just a couple more minutes my baby. Shawn will be here okay?" I said going to the refrigerator and I took out some carrot sticks. "Have some of these and go watch TV," I said handing them to her.

"Thank you mommy," she said taking them then she ran out of the kitchen.

I wrapped everything up and I went back upstairs to change my clothes.

"Wow mom, you look stunning," Jared complimented, walking in my bedroom as I sprayed on my perfume.

I did a little twirl. "Thank you baby," I said smiling.

"Oh yah, that ole dude is downstairs. He has been waiting for some time," he said so bluntly.

"Why didn't you tell me Shawn is here?" I said in complete shock.

He chuckled. "I just did. That dude is trying too hard," he said.

I raised my eyebrow at him. "Trying too hard? What do you mean?"