23

Beyonce POV

So I decided to call Shawn and we had an interesting chat. He asked me if we can set a date to see each other and I agreed to come over his place for a movie night with the kids.

"Wazz good Shawn?"

"Hey Shawn."

Xania and Jared said as they entered Shawn's place with me right behind them.

"Hey you two," Shawn warmly said. I walked inside and Shawn smiled at me. "Hey Bey," he said then he kissed my cheek.

"Hey," I lowly said.

The kids made their popcorn and I helped Xania make her caramel popcorn. The kids got everything done and left the kitchen leaving just me and Shawn.

I went over and sat on one of the kitchen stools and started eating the leftover caramel popcorn.

"I appreciate you coming over here," Shawn said coming to sit next to me. "You still mad?"

I looked at him for a brief second then I tossed a caramel popcorn in my mouth. "If the tables were turned, would you still be mad at me for tonguing down a random nigga, grinding on random niggas and getting lap dances from random niggas?" I asked and he just scratched the back of his head.

"Baby, I apologize for hurting you like that. I'll never do it again," he said.

"Honestly speaking, I ain't hurt by what you did," I casually said.

"Really?"

"Yep," I said. "I'm just disappointed on the choices you made that night. I get that you were letting loose and I have nothing against that because you deserve a night to just relax. You should have known that there are stuff you can do and stuff that you can't do."

"Lesson learnt," he said. "I can't say this enough babe, I am sorry for what I did. I understand that I embarrassed myself and I was just reckless. It was my fault for listening to Emory," he said.

I chuckled. "You've known Emory longer than me but I know that 'letting loose' in his world means something completely different in your world. There are stuff that Emory can do that you can't do like going to the strip club and hooking up with any random whore," I said. "There are also stuff that Emory can't do that you can do."

"Like what?" He said taking some of the caramel popcorn and tossing it in his mouth.

"You can make love to the woman you love whereas Emory just fucks random whores," I shrugged. "Speaking of whores, did you burn that T-shirt Emory's whore was wearing the other day?"

"Nah but I washed it though."

I shook my head. "Burn it. It has slut all over and I don't wanna wear it no more," I bluntly said.

"So are we cool now?" He said with his fist out for a fist pump.

I grabbed his shirt and pulled him closer to me then I kissed him. "We cool now," I smiled then I pecked his lips again.

"That's a relief. You really scared me the other day when you came with a bat," he said intertwining our fingers. "You really took a hard swing at me."

I chuckled. "I would have broken your bones too if you didn't move."

He smiled at me. "As much as you scared me, you did look sexy. Are you and baby girl okay because you were hissing in pain after that hard swing," he rubbed my belly.

"We good. It was just a sharp pain that lasted for a couple of seconds," I said.

"Let's go join the kids in the living room," he kissed the back of my hand then he led me out of the kitchen.

The kids were watching Cheaper by the Dozen and we just made ourselves comfortable on the couch while the kids were seated on beanbags.

"So y'all cool now?" Jared asked us as he looked at Shawn and I.

I was seated between Shawn's legs with my back resting on his chest as we laid across the couch. I pulled a blanket because it was getting a bit chilly.

"Why do you ask?" I said.

"So y'all didn't kiss and made peace?" Jayden asked.

"You want us to kiss? Aight," I shrugged then I turned my head to Shawn and he smashed his lips onto mine. We kissed nice and slow I could even taste the caramel on his lips.

"Eeeewwweee!" The kids exclaimed. I'm pretty sure they even diverted their attention back to the TV.

"Mmm, the baby's kicking," I said into the kiss.

Shawn broke the kiss and I placed his hand where the kicking was. "I appreciate that baby girl wants to make her presence known but she's disturbing daddy right now. I was about to get me some," he said.

I chuckled. "Boy bye. Get you some? You tripping. Your ass is on punishment until further notice," I said and I heard him sucking his teeth. "Even if you suck your teeth. Nothing is gonna change."

Shawn tried to sweet talk me but I wasn't having it. He gave up and for the rest of the movie he was rubbing on my belly. The kids and I called it a night then we went back home. Xania was so sleepy when we got home, she couldn't even change into her pyjamas so I let her sleep in her clothes.

Xania POV

"See you two Sunday evening. I love you," mom said as she dropped us off at Cedric's place.

"Love you ma," Jared said then he leaned forward and gave mommy a kiss on the cheek.

"Love you mommy," I did the same thing and got out of the car with my bag. I watched mommy drive away and I walked into the house. I went upstairs to put my bag then I got back downstairs and went to the kitchen.

"Hey princess," Cedric said as I entered the kitchen. He looked like he was playing some card game with Jared and Kenny.

"Hello Cedric and you too Kenny," I skipped my way inside. "Can I play?"

Cedric picked me up and sat me on his lap. "Of course. You're gonna be on my team," he kissed my cheek and he gave me my cards.

"So Cedric, do you have a girlfriend?" I asked as we played.

I heard him chuckle. "Yes. Her name is Iris."

"When are we gonna meet her dad?" Jared asked.

"Its gonna take a while. I don't wanna rush things. She knows I have kids and she's fine with that. You'll eventually meet her though," Cedric said.

"What if she doesn't like us?" I asked.

He chuckled. "Too bad for her because I'm not about to abandon my children because she doesn't like them. Its gonna break my heart that the woman I care about doesn't like my children but that doesn't mean I'm gonna pick her over my own flesh and blood," he explained.

"What if she likes us?" Jared asked.

"Then she has great taste. You guys are amazing children and it'll make me happy if she also sees that," he said. "I'm gonna have to tell your mother about Iris so she knows."

"You got that right. Beyonce Knowles will probably run a background check on poor Iris. She don't play around when it comes to her children," I said. "You got any two's?" I said getting back to the card game.

Jared furrowed his eyebrows at me. "Xania, we're playing Crazy Eights," he said and my eyes went wide.

"We are?" I said in utter shock. "Really? I thought we were playing Black Jack this entire time."

"Even if we were playing Black Jack, that's not how you play it princess," Cedric said.

I shook my head in disbelief. "I'm out," I said putting my cards down.

We enjoyed talking then we ordered pizza and watched TV. I couldn't keep my eyes open so I ended up dozing off on the couch.