Grandeur

Satine took in the sight of the new palace in silent awe, though she could only catch glimpses as she was whisked through rooms and down long halls. There were so many viewing windows to see the city, and she was glad that this building felt more open than the old palace in Keldabe. 

     Guards were placed strategically along the way, and she had no doubt that there were many hidden security measures around.

     Eventually, Satine was brought to two large doors at the end of a secluded hall, and she was informed that this was her room. 

     She took one last glance at Obi-Wan who was behind her, but he had already been instructed by a guard to wait in a small, yet formal sitting room midway down the hall where she would soon be giving her live announcement address. In short, he was already facing away, so she didn't catch his gaze before they were separated.

     Her first reaction to her room was that it was immaculate. The ceiling was way above her head, and natural light entered the room from glass panes near the ceiling as well. Her bed was large and framed by a canopy draped with a light, sheer fabric. The colors were simple and modest, but inviting. 

     It was beautiful, to say the least. Certainly made for someone of very high status--of her status.

     However, these thoughts all quickly dissipated as soon as her eyes landed on the only other person in the room.

     "Kheva," Satine breathed, rushing over to embrace her sister.

     "Satine," the older, though still young, woman smiled in return.

     "I've missed you so much," Satine told her. "It's been so long."

     "I know. I've missed you more. I could hardly stand you being away all this time without so much as a word from you."

     "I--I just can't believe I get to see you now. I was sure there wouldn't be time to see you before the sieges were over and I'd made my address to the people," Satine admitted, pulling back slightly to see her sister's face.

     She frowned when she noticed the pallor of her skin and her semi-frail appearance.

     Kheva sighed, seeing her sister's worried expression.

     "I'm alright. We'll talk more later. For now, we must get you ready for your speech."

     Satine didn't move. Instead, she continued to stare at her sister, memorizing every feature that she was scared she had forgotten in the months of their separation.

     "Come on," Kheva urged, gently tugging her sister towards an attached refresher. "You look like you haven't bathed properly in awhile. It'll take forever to make sure you're ready at this rate."

     Reluctantly, Satine gave her sister a small smile and allowed herself to be led away. Seeing her sister in person was more than she could have hoped for.

     Obi-Wan felt a little better after he had gotten to clean up while waiting for Satine. The guard who showed him the sitting room had informed him of a more public refresher in the palace, and he provided Obi-Wan with clean pants and a shirt that somewhat resembled parts of a guard's uniform.

     He accepted the clothes gratefully for the time being, as his robes were taken by a palace worker to be washed and returned to him soon. He was slightly amused though by the fact that he knew he could almost fit the description for a palace worker himself. He was, after all, in charge of protecting the Duchess still, much like her guards. Now, he had a similar outfit as well.