Chapter 15

I closed my eyes and leaned back. Why am I the only one getting hurt here? I looked back at my notes and put them back in my bag. No use using them now.

I looked around the room and saw Lilly at her desk. I haven't talked to her in a while so she must have been feeling down.

School dragged on, I passed the quiz, and nearly got myself killed three times. Fun, right? I was walking home when a hand grabbed my arm and I was pulled in to the bushes.

"M...Maria?" My eyes widened.

"Yo Noir. Its been a while."

"It hasn't been a while! Its been almost three years!"

"Sorry. Dad refused to let me see you."

"Why?"

"He still doesn't like that you and mom left so he said until you guys come back I can't see you."

"Ha. Like we would ever go back with him." I crossed my as if to say I was making a point.

"I have a request." Maria looked serious.

"What is it?"

"I want to come live with you and mom." My eyes widened.

"B...But if he finds out he'll abuse you again."

"Its fine. If I live you guys then I'm already under protection from him."

"But.."

"Please Noir! I can't live with him anymore. He's gone mad. He crazy and I can't do it anymore."

"I could ask."

"Really! Thank you Noir." Maria hugged me tightly and I couldn't help but smile faintly.

"Be good okay." Maria nodded and ran off in the opposide direction I was going. "Stay safe." I whispered to myself. I smiled as I saw her run. She looksbso innocent.

"I didn't know you had a sister." Shocked by the voice I turned around and sure enough Akira was standing there.

"Yeah she lives with my step-dad." I mumbled quietly.

"What's wrong?"

"Huh? Nothings wrong..."

"Please don't lie. I want to know what's wrong."

I turned away and didn't respond. I can't tell him. There's no way I can. I started to walk away but he grabbed my arm.

"Stop. Stop running away." I stared at him and looked away. "What happened? Not once today have you looked at me! Why?"

"Its none of your business."

"Noir! Tell me what's wrong!" He grabbed my shoulders and made me look at but I just hung my head so I couldn't see him.

"Why won't you tell me?"

"Because it doesn't concern you!"

He tilted my head up and kissed me. I tried to back away but he held me in place not letting go. He finally released and backed up a bit. I was looking down but he could still tell I was crying.

"Why? Do you not like me anymore?" I could see sadness in his eyes. I don't want to hurt him but I don't wanna get hurt either!