1.03

"I feel like it's been ages since we've all been out for drinks." Prentiss said as they walked into the BAU after closing the case.

"Yes, yes, yes." Garcia said excitedly, having met the group at the elevators. "There's this new Chinese place a few blocks from my apartment that I've been wanting to go to."

Derek was listening to the conversation, hoping that someone would make an excuse not to go because if he was the only one, there would be questions. Questions that he couldn't exactly answer.

"I'd love to but I've promised Henry pizza and films." JJ said, a sad expression crossed Emily and Garcia's features but was quickly replaced with understanding.

"Yeah, I'm gonna have to bail too." Morgan said, hoping his refusal would go as smoothly as JJ's had but he wasn't as lucky.

"You've got a date haven't you?" Prentiss said, sitting on her desk so she was facing him, Garcia stood next to her whilst JJ and Spencer packed up their stuff to go straight home.

"Is this the mystery girl I've heard about?" Garcia asked. "What's her name?"

"He won't tell us." Emily said.

"Because there isn't anything to tell." Derek shrugged.

"Then who's Blondie?" Spencer asked, causing all attention to turn to him. "I saw it on your phone." He said, trying to move the attention of the group away from him.

Derek had to hide a smirk at the way the team drank up the information, making the assumption that everything Reid said was true. In reality, Lia's hair was long and brown. Blondie was a distraction he had planned in case someone saw her name on his phone, he hadn't expected it to be Spencer but it still worked. Plus Blondie was what Lia called JJ so it still linked back to her.

"So she's a blonde?" Prentiss teased. "Is she cute? Don't answer that, blondes are always cute."

"Thanks for dropping me in it pretty boy." He said, playfully shoving Reid as he walked past.

"What's her name? What does she do? Ooo, where did you meet?" Garcia questioned.

"I'm not telling you that because you'll run a background check on her and I want her to have a chance to tell me about herself first." Morgan said.

"So you're serious about her?" JJ asked.

"I guess? We've not even been on a date yet." Morgan said.

"She's got you whipped." Emily commented, clapping him on the back. "Does she know what you do for a living?"

"Yeah, and she's cool with it." Derek said.

"So she probably works long hours too, maybe a doctor?" Garcia thought aloud.

"Okay Baby Girl. You can stop building a profile on her now." Morgan said before walking away from the conversation and towards the elevators.

----------

When JJ walked into her house, the first person she saw was Henry sat on the sofa watching cartoons.

"Hey bubba." She said, placing a kiss on his forehead as he wrapped his arms around her.

"Hi Mum!" Henry said, squeezing her a little tighter.

"Where's your dad?" She asked, looking through the doorway into the hall and dining room but not being able to see him.

"He's in the kitchen with Auntie Lia, I think they're fighting." Henry said, letting his mum go so he could give the colourful cartoon on the screen his full attention.

JJ sighed silently as she stood back up, hating that Henry knew his dad was arguing with his Auntie.

As she approached the kitchen she could hear Will trying to reason with Lia, who's voice was quiet and shaky.

"Shel, I just worry about you okay." He said, taking a step towards her, his back to JJ and Lia was too distracted to notice her.

"I know Will." Lia said, trying to regain her composure after visibly flinching when Will moved closer, but Will didn't realise that. "But you're not dad." As soon as the words left her mouth she regretted it, not because she was scared of hurting his feelings, that was her job as his little sister, she was scared about how he would react and was already prepared for the stinging feeling that accompanied a slap to the face.

"Shel..." Will began but JJ cut him off by knocking on the wall next to the archway that separated the kitchen from the dining room she was stood in.

"Lia, go say bye to Henry, then go home and get ready. Just text me when you get home tonight." JJ said her voice calm as both siblings gave her their full attention. JJ hated the way that Lia visibly relaxed when she moved away from Will and towards JJ.

Lia simply nodded before walking out of the room the same way JJ had come in, taking a second to calm herself before facing her nephew. Will had never raised his hand to her, he had grabbed her wrist too tight once but that was as close as he had ever come to hurting her. It wasn't his fault that every man was a threat in her mind and she hated that it applied to her big brother.

"I just worry about her." Will admitted as he leant back against a counter.

"And that's fine, but you were scaring her Will." JJ said, walking to her husband and taking his hands in hers to show she wasn't mad, just telling him. "She was shaking."

"I didn't realise..." Will said regretting every decision he had ever made in that moment.

"And that's okay, just think about what you're doing in the future." JJ said.

"I shouldn't have to though. I should've stopped her from seeing him as soon as I realised something was off."

"There was no way you could've known what was going on, it didn't get bad until you moved here." JJ said.

"I noticed the changes though, she stopped eating all together at one point. I bet that was his fault. He probably told her she was too fat. She wasn't though, she's always been tiny." Will said, pushing the image of the way she had looked when he showed up at her house weeks after his wedding. 

"Momma?" The parent's attention was pulled to the little boy stood in the doorway.

"Yeah?" JJ answered, walking over so she could pick him up and sit him on the counter so he could feel like a part of their conversation.

"I'm hungry."

"We'd best order that pizza then!" Will said, reaching for his phone.

Authors note:

Um... hi!

I'm not the best at remembering to do authors notes, but I do reply to comments!

Please vote if you are enjoying Lia's story so far! I also have two Spencer x OC fic's, an Alvez x Reid's sister fic and a SWAT fic in my drafts so let me know if you want to see any of them?