2.01

Lia was at Will and JJ's house when they got back from their trip, wanting to be the person who tells them about the events of the last few days before the BAU grapevine reached them.

The door opened and Henry rushed forward at the sight of his aunt. "Lia!"

"Hey, let me help you with those." Lia said, offering to take one of the bags from JJ.

"What are you doing here? I thought we were meeting for coffee in the morning?" JJ asked her.

"I needed to talk to you and Billy before you heard from someone else." Lia explained, not realising Will was stood right behind her.

"Heard what from who?" He asked.

"Not whilst Henry's here." Lia said, wanting to delay telling him as long as possible.

But Will wasn't having it. "Henry, why don't you go and play upstairs for a bit."

"I'm assuming you heard about the Face Cards copycat robbery?" Lia asked, waiting until they both nodded before continuing. "Well... I was in the bank at the time. I'm perfectly fine." She added straight away, noting the concern on both their faces. "Well, aside from getting shot and a concussion."

"You should've called us, we would've came straight back." Will said, wrapping his sister in a hug.

"Where did you get shot?" JJ asked, not seeing any visible signs of an injury.

"It just skimmed my arm, I fell back from the force and hit my head on a table. Still as clumsy as ever." Lia joked.

"As long as you're okay now. You can stay here if you want? We don't mind." Will offered, wanting his sister as close as possible so he could protect her.

"Um... no, it's alright." Lia said, not sure about how to tell him she had been staying at Derek Morgan's house since it happened. "There is something else though." She said, deciding to just bite the bullet. "I've been seeing someone for over five months."

JJ's face practically lit up whereas Will went the opposite way. "Why didn't you tell me? I would've ran a background check for you." He snapped.

"I don't need you to run a background check, I trust him!" Lia spat back.

"Given your previous relationships, that doesn't mean a whole lot."

"Will!" JJ quietly shouted, not wanting Henry to over hear.

"What! It's not like I'm lying or anything. I'm just trying to look out for my baby sister!"

"I'm just gonna go." Lia said, taking a step back towards the door. "Tell Henry I'll see him at school." She said to JJ, completely ignoring her brother's presence as she fought back tears before walking out of the house, getting in her car and driving home.

----------

Later that day, JJ decided to drop by the BAU to see if her suspicions were correct. "Hey! How was your trip?" Prentiss asked as soon as her eyes landed on the blonde.

"It was good, we just got back a few hours ago." JJ said.

"I thought you were off till tomorrow?" Reid asked.

"Yeah, I just wanted to drop in and talk to Morgan." JJ explained, looking at the agent as she said his name. Morgan stood up and extended his arm towards the door and bowed slightly.

"This way madam." He said jokingly.

"So... you and Lia?" JJ asked, once they were in his old office.

"She told you?"

"Not in so many words. She told us about the bank, then she said she had a boyfriend and Will lost it before she had a chance to say who." JJ explained. 

"So you already knew?" He guessed.

"There were too many similarities, you both start dating at the same time, you're always busy at the same time, I heard you telling Em about how she outran you. It wasn't that hard to put together."

"So, you're okay with it?" Derek asked, knowing one of Lia's biggest worries was that their relationship would effect the relationship between him and JJ at work.

"Yeah, it means I don't have to go far to kill you if you hurt her." JJ said like it was the most casual thing in the world. "Have you heard from her?"

"She texted me when she got to your place but I haven't heard from her since, why?" He asked, pulling his phone from his back pocket.

"She wasn't in a good way when she left ours, Will basically told her he didn't trust her." JJ explained. "I've been trying to call her since but she's not answering, I'm hoping it's just because she doesn't want to speak to Will."

"Let me call her."

----------

The sound of her phone ringing faded into the background as Lia focused on the sound of the water crashing against the cliffs.

She had left JJ's house and just driven until she saw signs for Great Falls Park where she had parked her car and walked to the clifftops with her phone in her back pocket.

After it finished ringing she heard it ding signalling someone had text her so she fished it from her pocket to see who it was from.

She wasn't shocked to see five missed calls from JJ but what did surprise her was the missed call from Derek who was also the person who had text her.

Derek: JJ's just told me what happened, I just want to know you're okay x

Knowing hearing his voice would calm the waves of anxiety that were flooding her body, Lia decided to call him back.

Unsurprisingly, he picked up at lightning speeds. "Hey." She said as soon as she heard the call connect.

"Hey, you alright?" Derek asked, his voice calm and even.

"Yeah, I'm good."

"JJ said she'll cover for me if you want me to come and meet you?"

"No, it's alright. I'm going to go home in a bit and finish my work off before tomorrow." Lia said, absentmindedly kicking a stone over the edge.

"I'll bring takeout after work then." Derek bargained, knowing she probably hadn't eaten all day and probably wasn't planning to right now.

"No, I want to cook for you."

"I'll let you know when I finish up here."

"Okay, and tell JJ I'm fine, I'm just going to avoid Billy until he calms down."