1.06

"How did your date go?" Emily asked as they sat on the jet after discussing the case, Garcia delaying leaving the video conference in order to be a part of this conversation.

"Good." Derek said.

"Oh come on! I crave more details than that!" Garcia whined. "You know I can get her number off your phone in 0.5 seconds and run a background check on her."

"Garcia." Derek warned.

"Okay, okay, at least give us something!"

"Like what?" He caved.

"Is she from D.C?" Emily asked.

"No."

"Chicago?" Garcia guessed.

"No."

It took every ounce of strength in JJ's body to ask if the mystery girl was from New Orleans as too many things about Derek's story lined up with Lia. For example, Derek said he met her in the gym and Lia practically lived in the gym or that Lia went out on the same night as Derek's date.

----------

"Hotch." JJ said, with a smile on her face as she handed the Unit Cheif her phone.

They had been in Kansas for a few hours and were sat in the room that the local PD had given them, comparing notes on the case.

Derek had been messaging Lia for the past half an hour, she had been cooking dinner whilst the boys were playing hide-and-seek with Will, or as she called him, Billy.

"They've roped Will into playing hide and seek, so Lia's helped them hide in an empty kitchen counter whilst she's cooking." JJ explained the context behind the image as a smile grew on Hotch's face.

Derek understood why he was smiling, the photo was adorable, he knew as Lia had taken it specifically to send it to him before she decided to send it to JJ. It showed the two boys curled up, sat in a large cupboard under the kitchen island with large smiles on their faces as they laughed at something Lia had said.

"Will's never gonna find them because Lia will say she's not seen them and he can't tell when she's lying but he always believes her." JJ explained.

"Can you send me that?" Hotch asked, JJ nodded before forwarding the image to him. 

----------

"What are you smiling at?" Will asked, his eyes searching the kitchen for somewhere the two boys could be hidden.

"Your wife." Lia said with a shrug, putting her phone down so she could continue cutting the vegetables on the chopping board that sat on top of the counter concealing the two boys.

"Have you seen Jack and Henry run past?" Will asked, leaning over the island to steal a bit of food.

"Nope." Lia said, smacking his hand away. "But even if I had I wouldn't tell you because that ruins the point."

"Thanks." Will said sarcastically.

"Of you go then, we don't want them thinking they've won." She said, shooing him out of the kitchen.

As soon as she heard Will's footsteps going up the stairs, Lia opened the cupboard and gave both boys a piece of the food Will had tried to steal causing both boys to erupt in laughter as they realised how well Lia's plan had worked.

"Shhhh." Lia shushed them as she heard Will's footsteps abruptly stop upstairs. "I think he heard you!" She said, quickly closing the doors and going back to what she was doing.

"Where are they?" Will asked, knowing that she knew where they were.

"I don't know, I've already told you that." Lia said.

"I heard them laughing." Will stated, beginning to look through all the cupboards whilst Lia moved the chopping board out of the way so she could sit there, her legs hanging in front of the cupboard the boys were in so he couldn't get in.

"I didn't, they must be upstairs."

"You have the hearing of a bat, you can hear someone whisper at the end of the garden." Will exaggerated.

"Actually, Moths have the best hearing." Lia corrected, earning a look from Will that was a mix of surprise and confusion that she would know that. "Spencer." She explained, causing Will to chuckle before returning his search of the kitchen

"That guy knows too much for his own good." Will said.

"Tell me about it. I feel bad for his teachers. Like what are you supposed to teach a kid who knows everything about everything except modern books and music." Lia said.

"JJ told you about Twilight?" Will said with a laugh.

"Yeah! How can you not know what Twilight is?" Lia said.

"Not all of us were obsessed with it as teenagers." Will joked, earning a slap from his sister. "Right. Shift." He said, standing directly in front of her.

"What?"

"The only cupboard I haven't checked is the one you're sat on plus a little snicker came out of it a second ago." Will said, placing his hands on her hips and lifting her light form off the counter and onto the floor as he knew she wouldn't move.

"Gotcha!" Will exclaimed as he opened both of the doors at the same time to reveal the two boys.

"I'm sorry! He picked me up!" Lia defended herself.

"Will can pick you up?" Jack asked as Will helped them both out so they didn't stand up too soon and hit their heads on the edge of the counter.

"Unfortunately." Lia said as Will turned around and quickly scooped her up to demonstrate causing a squeal to escape her mouth. "Put me down!" Will ran around the kitchen with her for a second before placing her back on the floor and keeping his hand's on her sides to make sure she didn't loose her balance and fall over. "Right! Get out, I need to finish dinner." She said, using a tea towel to shoo them out of the kitchen.