1.13

"Do they know about the original silent partner?" Rossi asked, Lia repeated the question and muffled shouting was heard on her end of the phone.

"Yes, they're sure the Queen doesn't have a silent partner." Lia repeated their answer back to the agent, making sure to emphasise 'the Queen' as she was starting to think the Queen wasn't really in charge.

"We're working on getting them a plane, do they need a pilot or can they fly themselves?" Rossi asked.

"They can fly themselves." 

"Is anyone inside injured?" 

"No." Lia answered immediately, not bothering to consult with the three gunmen and women earning the gun next to her head being pushed deeper into her temple.

"I said, you repeat every question back to me, no matter how simple!" The King shouted loud enough for Rossi to hear.

"I know!" Lia said, starting to get annoyed at being the middleman. "I'm sorry, he just wanted to know if anyone's injured." Lia panicked, being able to see his finger hovering over the trigger in her peripheral vision.

"Tell him no ones injured yet. But if we don't get our car in the next ten minutes I will start dropping bodies."

Lia relayed the message, a new, slight shake in her voice which Rossi picked up on. "Let me go see what I can do." He said, placing the phone on the table and going to find Hotch. "We've got ten minutes before they start shooting."

"Ten minutes? That's a deviation from the original playbook." Prentiss noticed.

"I'm going to ask for them to release some hostages and I think getting Amelia out of there early might be in our best interest." Rossi said.

"Why?" Hotch asked, knowing there was a reason.

"She went from calm to distressed within a few seconds when one of them yelled at her." 

Hotch looked over at Morgan, both knowing what that meant. "She's spiralling." Morgan said, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"She's got an above average memory so she would be able to tell us where everyone is inside and some details about the robbers." Reid said.

"But how are you going to convince them to let her out without showing our hand?" Prentiss asked.

"Just focus on getting as many hostages out as you can." Hotch told Rossi. "If we get Lia out, that's just a bonus."

----------

Lia was sat at one of the desks, the phone just in front of her, the King sat on the table next to it. The hostages were lined up at the windows just like the original robbery, a tactic the new crew probably chose to reuse as it worked for the originals but it also meant that the hostages had a clear path to the exit if someone made a distraction and since that was originally her brother; Lia felt it was most likely going to fall on her shoulders.

"I don't know about this." The Queen whispered to the King.

"We're too far in to have second thoughts. Just another half an hour then we'll be getting married." The King assured her.

"Can you two shut up about your goddamn marriage." The Jack complained, overhearing their conversation as he reappeared from one of the back doors, the back door Lia knew lead to the vault. 

The cringe lovefest was put to a stop by the phone ringing again. "Answer it then." The King said, putting his gun back to the side of Lia's head.

"Hello?" She said, pausing as Dave spoke. "His bosses won't do anything until you release the hostages." Lia told the King.

"He's David Fucking Rossi! You expect me to believe that!?" 

"Call it a sign of good faith, that you don't just want to kill everyone." Lia repeated what Rossi said.

"Not until we get 'a sign of good faith' from him." The King spat back.

The Jack pulled the phone out of Lia's hand. "We're going to start killing people every ten minutes, starting with Miss Leah if you don't get us what we want."

----------

"They're reluctant to kill people." Reid stated after Rossi conveyed the latest conversation to the team.

"Their planning on getting away with it. They know murder holds a lot more weight than armed robbery." Prentiss said in agreement.

"They've got a different end game to the original unsubs then. We should start a fresh profile, they have a different reason for doing this." Hotch added.

----------

Ten minutes later and Lia knew her time was running low, as did Agent Rossi. So when the phone rang, Lia answered it and placed it down on the desk, the line still open so the Agent could hear every word she was saying and hopefully use it to save the innocent hostages.

She knew her plan was incredibly risky but she had weighed up her other options and this was the best one she had available.

"We both know you're not going to kill anyone, otherwise you would've by now. You've only fired into the ceiling, never even in the direction of a person." Lia snapped at the King as he was the only one left in the room after the other two had gone to the vault. "You want to marry your girlfriend, not end up in prison. Just let some hostages go and theres a much higher chance of this working in your favour."

Rossi was listening on the other end of the phone, dumbfounded.

"Shut the hell up!" The King shouted, standing up and taking a few steps away from Lia, his gun still pointed in her direction. She watched as he removed the safety and brought his finger to rest on the trigger of the shaking gun.

"Did I hit a nerve?" Lia asked teasingly, the sight of a gun being pointed at her too familiar to scare her.

----------

"What the hell was that?!" Morgan asked, jumping to his feet as a single gunshot rang out.

Authors note: Ok, hi. This fic went from 1k to 3.9k in a week and I just want to say thank you so so so much!

Also, Merry Christmas (if you celebrate it) and Happy New Year, hopefully 2021 will be better for everybody! I'll see you all in 2021!