1.15

"What the hell did you do?!" The Jack shouted as he ran back, the Queen a few steps behind.

"She's not moving..." The King said, clearly in shock.

"Is she breathing?" The Queen asked, rushing to the side of the brunette who was now laying on the floor.

"I don't know, she was getting on my nerves." The King stuttered.

"You only skimmed her, she's unconscious because she hit her head on the table on her way down." The Queen assessed, causing the team who were listening on the other end of the phone that was still on to let out a silent sigh of relief. "You need to let her go, this needs stitches and there could be internal damage from the head injury." The Queen shouted, the loud noise causing Lia's eyes to flicker open. "Sit up slowly." She instructed as Lia flinched away from her but she followed the instructions. The Queen grabbed a scarf that had been discarded and wrapped it around her bleeding arm.

"We'll let three hostages leave. A sign of good faith." The King said as he held the phone to his ear.

"That's a good choice." Rossi said.

"You, take Leah and your kid out of here." The King ordered, waving his gun in the direction of the woman.

"I'm good." Lia refused any help offered to help her to her feet or to the door. "Pick him up and make sure they can see both of your hands." She instructed the woman as the Jack lead them both to the door.

"Three hostages coming out!" Shouts echoed as they opened the door, Lia walking out first and allowing SWAT to lead them away from the building and towards the waiting paramedics.

Derek was waiting and as soon as Lia stepped foot outside the building, he noticed the rapid rising and falling of her chest and the way she squinted at the light. Not bothering to wait for Hotch's orders, he raced towards the ambulances.

"Lia!" He shouted once they were close enough that his voice would be heard over the chatter. She stepped away from the SWAT agent guiding her and began to run towards him, the SWAT agent panicking until he saw Derek's FBI vest. She crashed into him, wrapping her arms around him to steady herself, just needing to feel something familiar to ground herself. "Shh, I've got you. I'm not going anywhere." He coaxed noticing the vice-like grip she had on him. "Li, you're bleeding." He said, going to place a hand at the back of her head but feeling the liquid.

"I know, but it's nothing. I've had worse without treatment." She said, not noticing the look of pain mixed with sympathy that briefly crossed his face.

"At least let the paramedics check you over, I'll stay right next to you." Derek bargained.

"No hospitals." Lia stated her terms.

"Okay."

----------

After being patched up, Lia followed Derek back to the FBI Mobile Command Centre, against medical advice.

As soon as her eyes landed on the woman she assumed was Garcia, she grasped Derek's hand in a desperate attempt to stay in the present.

"Are you sure you're okay to be here?" Hotch asked.

"Yeah, I want to help." Lia said, relaxing slightly as Derek squeezed her hand.

"I will take anything you can give me to narrow down potential unsubs." Garcia said.

"There young, students I think. The Jack knows the most about the original crime and is in charge. My guess is he's a criminology student. The King and Queen are dating, they're going to get married after the heist he's some sort of social science's major and she's a nursing student. She's having second thoughts about this entire thing and will probably be the weakest link." Lia rattled off with such ease, it seemed like she had been doing this for years but the grip she had on Derek's hand revealed her true emotions.