Part 13

Part - 13

"Why is she scared" he thought as he walked beside her. He moved a little away from her. "I should make her feel uncomfortable again" he said to himself. She looked at him. He looked lost in thoughts. She could feel his breath over her face even now. "Ram" she called. He looked at her. Her expression seemed unreadable. He wished he learn physcology or magic just to read her mind. "Ram shall we watch a movie tonight" she suggested. He looked for sometime "errr Priya, I am feeling tired, I would better find some rest" he replied. She nodded "that's ok". She understood he was trying to keep a distance. She felt like a stupid. They walked to the room in silence. He didn't bid her good night. He entered his room after giving her a forced smile.

      Priya stood looking at the closed door. "I ruined" she thought. She knew perfectly what he was trying to do in the deck. She wasn't prepared for that. But know she felt that she didn't stop him. She knew he was little hurt by her behavior. She wanted to crash the door, run to his arms and pour her heart out. Something stopped her. She sighed and entered her room. She absent minded changed her clothes. His eyes, his fragrance, his warm breath on her face disturbed her. She settled in the bed. "I am sorry Ram" she said to herself. She felt anger, hatred on herself for behaving like a idiot. She felt tired. She pulled the duvet over her and dozed of slowly.

      Ram paced in his room with his hands in his pocket. He didn't know what was happening. "So long I thought she loved me. Was I wrong? She just thought me as a special friend?" He closed his eyes and sighed. He felt dejected. He didn't feel like talking to his mom. He took his wallet and looked at their picture "do you love me Priya? I am confused. I need you." he said and hugged it tightly as tear escaped his eyes. He wiped them.off and took his phone and dialed his mom. "Ram" she answered. "Hey mom. Awake?" He asked. "What happened" she asked. He sighed and explained her briefly. "Ram what are you upset in this?" She asked. "Ma don't you understand, she was uncomfortable, she didn't want me to proceed" he explained. "Oh so you expect her to say "come on Ram tell me soon" son listen, she is a woman and she was acting like one. What else would she say if you suddenly pound on her" she asked. "Ma her face is standing in front of my eyes. She looked like she was dying in fear" he asked. "Ram you have gone nuts. That's just the effect of your proximity, nothing else, your closeness makes her lose senses. She is scared that she may give up" his mom explained. "Whatever, I think we both are getting it wrong. She doesn't love me" he said. "She loves me more than you love her, just go and tell her soon son" she advised. "Well lemme think mom, good night for now" he said. "Good night son, don't stress over this, she really loves you. Sleep well" she said and cut the call. He changed his dress and took the bed gazing at the ceiling. "God just give me one hint that she loves me" he thought.  He closed his eyes and pondered on his moms words and the happenings of today. Time passed and he drifted away to a disturbed sleep.

      Priya stretched lazily and opened her eyes. He was sitting in the chair and looking at her. "Whats it?" She asked. "Nothing. You look so beautiful in sleep" he said. She smiled and blushed lightly. He got up and smiled back " I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly without complexities or pride. I love you because I know no other way then this. So close that your hand, on my chest, is my hand. So close, that when you close your eyes, I fall asleep" he said this slowly with all love he had fot her and came to her. He settled beside her. "Good morning honey" he said. She got up and hugged him tightly "I love you Ram, nice poem today so where did you steal it?" she asked. He laughed and looked at her. "Well...!"

      Priya woke up and looked around. Her breath raced. She searched for him. He was nowhere. Reality stuck her. It was a dream. Tears filled her eyes. She hugged her pillow. The thought that it was just a dream made her feel terrible. She longed for it to be real. "Ram just once, tell me what you feel and make me yours" she said.  She checked the time. It was 6. She dressed and left for gym.