Part 31

Part - 31

     Ram looked at her. she was trembling in cold. He held her as close as possible. He wrapped her in blankets without leaving her side. She was making some sounds due to discomfort. Her breath seemed uneven. "my fault" he whispered, turning the ac off and grabbed his phone. He called Kevin. there was no reply. She held him tight as she shivered in the cold. Her naked skin burned his. He caressed her hair soothing her "you will be alright baby" he kept saying. He felt loosing his voice. He tried calling Mark. Again a no reply. He felt helpless. "I need a doctor" he said and checked the time. It was really late. He couldn't leave her alone in the room and fetch for help. He decided to take care himself. The first thing he wanted was to try to bring her scorching temperature down. He had no idea how he had to do. He got down from the bed, dressed himself and dressed her up, made sure she was warm in the blankets. he searched for the medi kit, but wasn't able to find any. he called his mom for help. "mom" he said urgently. "son is all ok?  Why are you calling me so late?" his moms, sleeping but alert voice came from the other side. "Mom thanks for picking up the call, Priya is caught fever suddenly, and I cant leave her now to fetch help, can you tell me what to do?" he asked urgently. "Ram..!! what are you saying? How did she fall sick all of a sudden?" she asked.  "Ma I cant tell all that now, but will you please tell me, help me mom" his voice was totally broken as he saw Priya breathing heavily in the bed. "don't behave like a kid Ram, its just a fever" she said. "But I cant stand it" he said. "ok listen to me and do the same" she gave him some instructions and he cut the call.

   He stood seeing Priya for a few minutes. She was sleeping now, her breath still uneven. "She never dried herself after the rain" he thought. Recalling what his mom said, he slowly removed her blankets. She stirred In the chillness that touched her. he made her lie straight. He sat near her head. Her body was so hot to touch. With a wet towel, he gently bathed her forehead. He didn't know how to doo it, but he managed. Then he covered her with thick blankets. He sat beside her and caressed her hair, listening to her uneven breathing. "I am sorry baby" he said and kissed her forehead and hummed her favourite tune.

     Someone knocking the door disturbed his sleep. He was leaning over the bedrest, his hand still on her hairs. She seemed better. She looked beautiful in her sleep, curled into a ball. "good morning honey" he wished kissing her forehead. She stirred as a response to him. "Ok I wont disturb you" he said. He heard someone knocking the door. He made his way to the door. He picked the clothes that laid scattered in the room and kept it aside. He opened the door to see Kevin. "sorry sir, My phone was in silent mode yesterday" he apologized. "that's ok Kevin, I just wanted help, Priya was sick" he said. "Sir, what happened to mam" he asked worried. "Its just her temperature is not ok, can you call a doctor?" he asked. kevin nodded and left immediately. Ram checked Priya, he felt she was less hot. He kissed her cheek "Wake up and see me once" he said. She didn't respond. He took a small shower and dressed himself. Kevin was there with the doctor.

     Ram silently observed as the doctor checked her. he saw taking out his injection "No, I mean cant she be alright without this?" he asked. "she needs rest, and we should bring her temperature down, she should be alright soon na Mr.Kapoor?" the doctor asked. he nodded silently. Ram looked the other way as the doctor injected her. after giving a little details about her diet "she needs rest, that's it, and she needs care too" the doctor said. "yeah sure, I will make sure she will get it" he said. "but can you tell me when she will be awake?" he asked. "Mr.Kapoor, I guess she is very tired, so just give her own time to wake up" he said. Ram nodded worriedly looking at her. "MR.Kapoor I know she is your newly wedded wife, and you might feel very sad to see her like this, but this is nothing, she is little weak,  in a few days she is gonna be back herself, so cheer up" the doctor encouraged. Ram smiled as they shook their hands.

     Ram closed the door and sat beside her. "your going to get well my love and then you can punish me, the way you want" he took her in his arms. She snuggled to him for warmth. He cradled her lightly. Her hot air fanning his chest. Her breath seemed steady now. He remembered about breakfast and left to fetch it for her. he felt lonely walking in the deck without her beside him to wrap. He carried the tray with some juices and made his way to the room. "Uncle" the small boy bumped in. "Hello Ram, how are you?" he asked looking down at him "uncle wheres aunty?" the boy asked totally ignoring his question. "ah, aunty is having fever champ, so uncle is taking food for her" he said. "fever..!! did she eat icecream?" he asked. Ram laughed "why fever come only if you eat icecream?" he asked. "mom tells me so" he said. "well aunty got wet in the rain" Ram told the boy. "can I come and see her" the boy asked. "ofcourse champ, she is your aunty always, you can visit her whenever you want" he said. "but my parents said not to disturb both of you" he said innocently. "Ram, you can disturb us anytime ok" Ram assured him. "now lets go to aunty" he said holding his hand. They walked to the room.

     As they entered the small boy ran to the bed. She was still sleeping. He looked at her for sometime and touched her forehead "Uncle its hot" he said. "shhh.. Aunt is sleepin" Ram gestured him as he sat on the end of the bed massaging her legs lightly. "unlce its hot" the boy whispered back. Ram smiled and nodded. The boy kissed her forehead "get well soon aunty, I miss you" he said slowly in her ears.  She stirred. The boy bit his tongue looking at Ram "sorry" he mimed. Ram smiled. The boy went to him and sat on his lap "uncle are you worried?" he asked. Ram nodded "she is my bestfriend" he said. "don't worry uncle, I will pray for aunty" he said. "thanks" Ram said hugging the boy. It really felt so good. "uncle I am leaving now bye" he said and ran out. Ram sat by her taking her hand in his and kept talking to her. he checked her temperature now and then. he didn't eat anything. He didn't feel like eating without her. he sat on the couch, his eyes never leaving her. he saw her dairy peeping from her bag. He felt tempted but he knew she wouldn't like it at all.

     He heard a noise. He saw her opening her eyes slowly and trying to adjust to the illumination in the room. He slowly moved from the couch and made his way up to her. she was having her hand on her head. She tired to sit up. He rushed and helped her. he sat beside her "Priya" he called in a calm tone, but she was able to the see the worry in the voice that layered her name. she blinked at him. She couldn't answer him, she was lost in his voice filled with love. "Priya, I am sorry" he said. He reached out tentatively and stroked across her cheeks, very smoothly. His touch seemed to sweep beneath her skin. "how are you feeling" he asked. she was feeling his touch closing her eyes. "Priya is anything wrong? Can I call the doctor?" he asked a little tensed She opened her eyes'. He arched his eyebrow waiting for her to speak. She went into his arms pressing her face to his chest. "Priya is all ok, tell me something, how are you?" he asked pulling her back. she starred into his eyes, finding  her voice she whispered "I love you". He smiled dazzling her "you scared me woman" he said. He cupped her face "I love you too, and I am so sorry" he said. "no Ram why are you sorry for?" she hugged him again "I am feeling cold" she said. He stroked her hair. "hungry?" he asked. "starving" she said. "good, I got all ready" he said. He took the food to the bed. Sitting next to her, he fed her the soup. She enjoyed seeing his care. "Ram wait a minute, did you eat?" she asked. he nodded yes. "Liar, I know you didn't, look at you, you look like your not given food" she said. "I will eat once when you are done" he said. She nodded. He made sure she had her tablets. "Ram I don't know why I am feeling so tired" she told him. "Priya the doctor told you to rest, and so now I want you to sleep again" he said. She looked at him "sing for me Ram" she said and snuggled to his chest. "there was a guest, who came to see you today" he said. "whos that?' she asked. "your boy, Ram" he said. "I am sure he didn't like seeing me sick just like you" she said. "yes, now I suggest you to talk less and concentrate on your sleeping please" He held her close as he started singing.

     By the next day evening, her temperature was well down, but she had other problems. She wanted to go for a walk but Ram was so stubborn to let her feet touch the ground. "Ram I cant sit her like this" she complained. "Priya, your sick darling, now don't shout, we can go for walk later" he said. "Ram I have been sleeping yesterday and today fully, I cat sleep more" she said. "Baby I said you doctor told you need rest" he said as he stroked her hair. "Ram please, if your not letting me down then I will forget how to walk then" she said. "I will happily teach you to learn walking again" he said. "Ram please" she begged. "don't be stubborn Priya, its evening and the weather is too cold outside,  I cant take you" he said firmly. She hit his chest angrily. "ok then can I walk inside the room" she said. He looked at her "Priya your weak baby, two days we will reach the last island and I promise if the weather is ok I will take you for a walk" he said. She opened her mouth "two days..! Ram I am totally fine now" she said. "Priya I can still remember how you struggled to breath the other night, I cant risk again" he said. "Ram please, atleast here" she begged. He got off the bed "ok fine, but I will be with you" he said. "uff" saying she got down from the bed. He held her firmly as they walked around the room. "Ram can we go to balcony?" she asked. "no" he almost yelled. "NO, no cold weather on you" he said. She smiled "my protective hubby, I love you sooo much" saying she hugged him. He pecked her forehead "I cant you sick, even if it's a cold or fever" he said. "Ram I am fine baby" she said. He nodded "but you still need rest, I can feel your temperature, Its low, but not totally down" he said. "Ram donnt say me your guilty for this" she said. "I am the reason your sick" he said. "cut that out, never say that ok, don't dare say that" she said. Before he could speak up, he saw her loosing her balance. She held him for support and fell in his arms. "Priya are you ok?" he held her tightly, scooped her in his arms and made her rest on the bed.  She looked at him "felt dizzy Ram" she said. "I told you needed rest, did you listen to me?" he asked as he tucked her hair properly. He bought her the tablets and made her have them. He fed her dinner and put her to sleep. He didn't sleep the other night. she might want him in the middle of night. he sat by her stroking her hair, thinking the lovely moments he spent with her. he liked this part too taking care of her, like she was his own baby. But he hated the part that she was sick.

     She grew stronger, her fever was completely down, but she couldn't adapt to the temperature as it was turning more cold. But she didn't need to worry about that as she had him with her. the ship halted in the last place. She somehow managed to make him take her for a walk. But he made her wear all the necessary things to keep her warm enough. She felt idiotic, but she wore it to for him. They explored a bit of the small town. Priya cursed herself for forcing Ram to take her out. He was asking each and every minute "how she was doing?" "does she need anything" she was feeling annoyed. She was looking at some bags in a shop, when she felt his hands encircle her waist. It seemed ages he touched her like this. "hey" he whispered in his ears. She turned to see him. He smiled at her "feeling strong?" he asked. she nodded. "if you promise not to get dizzy then I have something to enlighten you" he said. She raised her brow. "not today, maybe tomorrow, as they expect a little sun tomorrow, we shall go for a bike ride" he said. Her face broke into a million dollar smile "are you serious?" she asked. "very very serious" he said. She was nearly jumping in his arms, she always loved bikes. "thank you soo much" she hugged him. "only if the weather is sunny" he said. She made a face "so mean" she said. He laughed "I cant risk your health" he said. "Ok I think you need rest, we have walked nearly the whole day" he said seeing his watch. She smiled "My dutiful husband" she said as he led her to the ship.

     As they entered the ship, Ram went to get some fruits. Captain Mark walked to Priya "how are you Priya?" glad to see you walking around" he said. "I am fine, much better" she said. "your husband is so wonderful, he wanted to do everything by himself for you. He was very worried, guess he didn't catch sleep at all" he said. "yes I know he was worried, now he is fine, I will take care of him" she said. "yes you will, stay blessed both of you" he said and left. Ram joined her immediately "shall we go?" he asked. she looked into his eyes, he looked exhausted and hollow eyed. "yes he didn't sleep" she thought.

     They reached their room and he gave her medicines. Once he tucked her to sleep, he sat beside her and started to hum. "Ram, I feel cold, can you come in" she asked. he smiled and slipped into the sheets beside her. he felt really warm. His arms went around her holding her against his chest. She opened his shirt buttons and pressed her face to his chest. He felt her temperature normal. He was stroking her hair lightly. After a while she felt no movements from him. She raised to look at him and saw him snoring lightly, with his mouth opened. He looked adorable. She kissed his cheek "sleep well Ram" she said.

Thank you..! sorry for errors..!
Leave comments
$|-|ifr@