1.3

Chapter 3.

I asked Alexa if I could leave early and she said yes . I changed into some casual clothes before I went through the back entrance to go meet Hardin . He was standing in front of his car waiting for me . I can't believe how he left his brother at a strip club just to hang out with me , a woman he doesn't even know .

" So you really left your brother at his bachelor party to hang out with a stripper? " I say.

" To hang out with a hot stripper. " He says.

" So what did you tell him before leaving ? " I ask him.

" I told him that I had to go somewhere. " he says .

" And did he buy it ? " I ask .

" Yeah , he didn't even care was paying too much attention to the girl giving him a lap dance. " he says .

We drove a few miles before we pulled into the parking lot of a fast food restaurant on the other side of town. This fast food restaurant wasn't far from the club but if you walked it would be far . The place was called ' Mama's Grab & Go ' .

We got out of the car and walked inside of the building . The place was packed with people , so we went to find a place to sit. It was hard to find a place where a couple was just getting up so we sat down. A waitress came to clean the table before she took our order . I got the ' G&G Special ' , it comes with a large chicken burger , onion rings, large fries and a large milkshake , he got the same .

" So why did you order the same meal as I did ? " I ask .

" I always order that . " he says

" You can stop lying. " I say .

" I'm not lying , I came here like two days ago. " he defends .

" They didn't have this special two days ago. " I say .

" Yes they did. "

" I dare you to ask any of these waiters walking by if they had this special two days ago. ''I say .

" Okay I'll do it . "

He saw a waitress walking our way and he stopped her .

" Hey , I wanna know did you have this special two days ago? " he ask her

" No , this is the weekend special. " she says.

" Thank you . " He says and she walks away.

" What did I tell you? " I ask him .

" Okay so they didn't have this special two days ago. I just ordered it because you ordered it . " he admits.

" Thank you for your honesty. " I say .

" Okay my turn. " he said and I just nodded . " I dare you to kiss me . "

" No I can't. " I say .

" Why not? "

" I don't want you to get attached to me . " I say .

" Why can't I get attached ? " He asked .

" You're gonna want more than just friends and I can't be more than just friends. " I say .

" Why not ? " He asked .

" My job doesn't allow me to have a boyfriend . " I say .

" Okay. " He said , he looked a bit annoyed but I can't help it and we don't even know each other for that long . With this job I can't have a boyfriend because I'll be seeing other guys every night and that would be like cheating on him . He's a nice guy. I can't do that to him . The waitress came back with our food , she placed our food on the table before she left . I check my phone and it's 1am in the morning. The club is closed by now so Stassi must be home by now .

" So do you wanna go home or do you wanna catch a movie ? " He asked .

" Isn't the theatre closed by now ? " I ask .

" No, it's always open . " He says. I thought that the mall closed at a certain time.

" Okay then sure , I'll go but nothing more . " I said and finished eating my burger. I took a sip of my milkshake .

" Are we leaving now ? " He asked and I nodded .

" Yes, if you want to. "I say . We got the check and he insisted on paying.

" I'll pay . " He says.

" No , I'll pay . " I say .

" I owe you for the coffee, remember ? " He insisted and I gave in. After he paid I got my bag and we walked to his car . He opened the door for me and I got in. He closed it before he got in the car . He put the key in ignition and the car started . We drove to the mall . It was an hour's drive , it was really awkward. He was talking a lot . When we went inside and it was packed , we walked to the theatre and it was open as he said. He bought the tickets and I bought the popcorn. We went to watch the movie. We sat in the third row from the front . The movie started , in the middle of the movie I started getting tired so I laid my head against his chest.

" Do you want me to take you home ? " He whispered in my ear .

" You can watch the movie finish then you can take me home. " I told him and closed my eyes.

" I watched this movie already . " He says. We got up and walked back to his car . We got in and I explained to him how to get to my apartment. He walked with me up to my apartment .

" Are you sure you don't want to think about giving us a chance ? " He asked me.

" I told you I can't date you , not because I don't like you but because of my job . " I tell .

" Okay then I'll go now. " He said before walking away . I unlocked the door to my apartment when I heard him calling my name.

" Liv ! Wait ! " He called and I stopped. The door was still open. He ran to me , he was standing in front of me .

" What did you forget ? " I ask him .

" Yes . " He says .

His hands touched my cheeks before he leaned over to me , our foreheads touched before our lips touched . His tongue swept over my bottom lip as it entered my mouth . He was so gentle with me , kissing him sent chills down my body . I broke our kiss and pulled my bottom lip between my teeth and gave him a smile .

" I'll call you later. " he says before walking away .

I watched him walk away , when he got into the elevator I turned around and saw Stassi standing next to the kitchen island with her jaw dropped.

( Follow >> Vote >> Comment >> Share . XOXO )