Heartache

Kirishima felt as if his heart had broken into a million pieces, he felt indifferent to the world. His thoughts replaying that day over and over again, never leaving his headspace. He became more miserable as the hours went on.

Kirishima spent the weekend cooped up in his room, only leaving to get something to eat and immediately rushing back to avoid any contact with Bakugou. Little did he know, Bakugou wasn't even on campus anymore.  

Besides that, he received a few texts from his pals. Mostly from Kaminari, asking if he wanted to hang out with him, Sero, and Mina a few times, but Kirishima didn't have the heart to text them back. He turned off his phone and spent most of his weekend crying or sleeping.

Anything to numb the pain.

_________

It had been almost a week since Kirishima's and Bakugou's incident, the two friends becoming distant after. Neither of them despised the other but rather felt it was best to give each other space.

Well, at least that's what Kirishima thought. 

Although there had been times during class or hero training where he it seemed like Bakugou would look at him with sorrowful eyes, he tried his best to ignore it.

Maybe he was just going crazy, but it wasn't impossible. 

He didn't want to think about Bakugou in a boyfriend type of way anymore but the ache in his heart wouldn't allow him to move on. He felt stuck in a loop. He knew he had to do something about it.

~Days Later~

Kirishima made his way towards the third year halls, seeing all the older kids make their way through the lunchroom. But he was only interested in looking for a particular third year.

Amajiki had told him that she sported long black hair with side bangs parted to the right and light blue eyes, that the aura of her quirk had caused her skin to have a bluish tone.

It had been a couple of minutes but Kirishima finally found a girl with those exact features walking with two other third years. He made his way up to her, rehearsing what he wanted to say to her over and over in his head. He finally reached her after basically chasing her down Standing behind her, he lightly tapped her shoulder.

The bright eye girl turned and gave a slight look of surprise at the young first year behind her.

She smiled as her eyes looked like they were about to pop out of her sockets.

"Um hi, are you-," but he was soon interrupted by the girl who put her hands on his shoulders and lowered herself down to his level, as she was several inches taller than him.

"Wow, you're that first year from the hero course. How amazing! Wow to be in the hero course, instead of lame old general studies. Is it exciting? It's crazy that your class has gone through so much already, like the USJ attack and then Kamino and then rescuing that poor little girl..." She started going off and Kirishima was struck dumbfounded from her many questions, trying to catch up on her words.

She noticed his reaction and immediately took her hands off his shoulders and brushed at her skirt.

"Oh- oh I'm sorry, didn't mean to scare you like that. It's just I've never really spoken to a first year in the hero course before, especially not one that's so popular. Er- um you were saying something?"

Now it was Kirishima's turn to answer.

"Amajiki said you can help me with something and I was wondering if you could," The poor boy kept his head down the entire time, not trying to make eye contact with her because, in all honesty, he was a bit embarrassed for what he was about to ask next.