Peace of Mind

Kirishima

"So did she say anything about me, was she interested after all?" Kaminari asked, lying upside down on the couch with his hands lying across his stomach, sandwiched between Sero and Mina. They all sat in the common room, huddled together on the couches. Todoroki and Yaomomo were there too, but paid little attention to the conversation, being more interested in talking about whatever rich kids talked about.

Kirishima let out a light chuckle, "You're unbelievable man. She was in no way interested in dating a first year who hits on every girl here."

"That's her loss, she's gonna miss all this." He used his hands to rub against his body, jokingly.

Mina giggled as she gave Kaminari a light pat on his forehead, "Well, she isn't missing much then."

"Heyyyy, rude." He rubbed the area where Mina had hit. The rest of the group laughed at the expense of Kaminari's pain. But after a few moments, the laughter ceased.

Kaminari reached for the popcorn that was placed in the middle of the coffee table, grabbed a handful, and shoved it into his mouth, still facing upside down on the couch, praying he wouldn't choke, he asked a question that had been rattling in his mind ever since he saw Kirishima return with the pretty third year.

"Oi, so if she isn't interested in me, but rather you, and you're interested in her, does that mean you're bi, like Deku-Kun?" Kaminari muttered, still having his mouth full of popcorn, "Oh shit, does that mean what I think it means.. you're like, dating her, is that why you were getting upset?"

For Kirishima, the question came as a shock, he hadn't thought his friends would notice the fact that he was hanging with a girl and make such a big deal out of it, thankfully they didn't see them exchange that kiss. He knew he would be interrogated with worse questions than the one Kaminari was trying to ask now. Although thinking of Kaminari's question, he didn't have any way to back up his explanation. He was definitely gay, but if he didn't say he was bi then someone would start asking follow-up questions as to why he was beginning to spend more time with Sakura.

His train of thought was interrupted when Mina grabbed Kirishima's hands that were folded in his lap. She looked into his eyes, disregarding any personal boundaries, her eyes full of hope. "Tell me all the details of Kirishima's new love story."

Kirishima felt like a fraud, and he felt awkward. He was already in too deep with a lie he never even brought up personally. All these assumptions and jumping to conclusions were fucking him up, he didn't wanna spill his guts to his closest friends in fear that they would see him as pathetic, but he needed to set things straight.

He took a deep breath, trying to muster the words, "You guys I'm not actually-"

But right before he had a chance to finish his sentence, Bakugou walked in. His gaze wandering over to Kirishima and his friends. But instead of stopping to join the crowd, he grunted and rolled his eyes as he made it past them and headed toward the kitchen. He was still visibly upset about what happened at lunch.

Noted, Kirishima thought to himself.

"Well, someone seems grumpier than usual," Kaminari said. He flipped himself right back up again.

"You guys are just assholes, that's all," Kirishima responded, "You shouldn't have provoked him like that, you all know how sensitive he gets."

"Whatever, he shouldn't have lashed out as he did. It was funny at the time, but now that I'm remembering it was so uncalled for." Mina wrapped her arm around Kirishima's and laid on his lap. It wasn't uncommon that Mina and Kirishima were always touching, they both understood that they were very clingy people, and Kirishima being gay, Mina knew her advances never meant anything.

Until suddenly she jolted up and sat up straight again. Her face was flushed as she rubbed the back of her head. "Probably shouldn't be doing that now that you have a girlfriend, huh, Kiri."

He was confused for a moment, until he remembered that he didn't say the words he meant to say, obviously distracted when Bakugou had walked in and interrupted his train of thought, so he didn't get the chance to mention that he wasn't dating a third year and he was still, totally 100% gay.

But he didn't, instead, he smiled and slightly nodded.

_______

The only people left in the common room were Kirishima, Kaminari, Tokoyami, and Shoji, all 4 of them still trying to do their homework, well Kirishima and Kaminari were. Tokoyami and Shoji were just there watching over them and offering help whenever they didn't understand how to do an equation.

Although Kirishima was never one to say up past midnight, there he was, feeling the essence of sleep overpowering him with every minute that passed by. He knew that he had to wake up at 7:30 at the latest to get ready for school but he had procrastinated his algebra homework, so there he was. Staying up with the late crowd, finishing his homework with Kaminari.

Shoji and Tokoyami were good helpers but Kirishima couldn't help but think how much faster this would've been if he had just gone to Bakugou's room for a tutoring session. Even though it wasn't the best idea, seeing how bothered Bakugou was earlier that day, he knew in his right mind that asking him for help wasn't very ideal.

A bit after 12:15, Kirishima finished the last of his problems and decided to call it a night. But before saying goodbye to the other 3 classmates, he handed Kaminari the answers after seeing he was still on question 8 out of 15.

"Thanks for your help Shoji, Tokoyami, but I'm going to sleep now." He uttered, a yawn soon taking control as he walked towards the elevator and waved goodbye.

He heard a soft "goodnight" from the two boys but was all too tired to turn back around to acknowledge it.

"Thanks, Kirishima, I'll drop this off before class tomorrow." He heard Kaminari whisper shout.

Kirishima did turn around for that, and smiled at his best buddy, simply waving as he reached for the 4th-floor button from inside the elevator. But before he could press it entirely, he felt some liquid fall from his cheeks, the excess spilling onto the floor below him making their wet droplets against the carpet floor noticeable. He reached up to his face and felt what he figured were tears.

The quirk. Was his first thought.

The elevator doors slowly began too close, but before they closed all the way Kirishima saw Kaminari's smile shift to a frown. His eyebrows creased as a growing concern began to take shape on his face.

"Kirishima?" Was the last thing he heard before the doors shut.

_____________

A/N Oops sorry for the super long update, considering I had fall break this week I had no chance of finishing this chapter til now, my bad