Back to Normal

"First things first, I'm sorry. I'll take the blame, it's on me."

_________

Instead of going to the bathroom liked he announced. Bakugou walked around the halls, not wanting to return to class at all. Minutes had passed and subconsciously enough, he found himself in the same spot where he watched Kirishima with the girl from earlier through the window, but they were no longer there, just an empty bench where the two had been seated.

Where is he?

Bakugou sighed and made the final decision of just sucking it up and returning to class. He knew if Sensei Aizawa found out that he ditched class there would be a call home going to his mother and he did not need the old hag annoying him again. 

On his way there he did make a brief stop to the bathroom like he said he would, preferably choosing the one that was farthest away from the classroom. 

He opened the door, right away seeing a familiar face standing over one of the sinks, washing his face with water. Bakugou wanted to move. He wanted to turn back around and walk out before Shitty Hair had a chance to see him, but he couldn't, his feet felt stuck to the floor. His mind blank.

Kirishima looked up from the sink, rubbing his face, hoping that the tear streaks wouldn't be noticeable to his peers when he returned to the classroom. Even mentally preparing himself to get detention from a ruthless Aizawa since he hadn't arrived to class on time. Grabbing a paper towel, he applied it over his face, drying away the excess water. For some reason though, he felt shivers send down his spine and felt as if someone was watching him. 

Weird, I didn't hear the sound of the door opening. 

He opened his eyes and glanced to his left. Wishing he hadn't, he recognized the face that stared back at him. Bakugou. 

There was just a minute of utter silence, both boys looking at each other but not saying a word.

Bakugou noticed that Kirishima had been crying. His eyelids swollen and red, although the tear streaks becoming less noticeable. He was sure they were worse earlier. That's when he felt the lump in his throat begin to form again. 

Feeling like eternity, neither one had the courage to speak first, both having the fear of rejection close to mind.

Kirishima wanted to be the first to break the awkward silence that intruded the room, he wanted to test the effect of the quirk. So he decided to push the past week past way down and forget about it, hoping that Bakugou would respond positively. 

After all he did miss his best friend. 

Talk to him, see if Sakura's quirk is working yet... 

"Spit it out, Weird Hair." Bakugou's mood switched so fast that he couldn't even explain it himself. Maybe something about seeing Kirishima's stupid face moved him enough to make the first remark.

Ouch, no mercy at all then.

"Fine since you won't say anything I guess I will," Bakugou hated himself for what was about to escape his lips, but he genuinely missed his friend, he was tired of the whispers from his classmates, tired of eating alone, tired of sparring with Dunce Face or Tape Arms, he was just tired. Maybe it was a mistake to reject Kirishima in such a way, but he didn't regret it. He just didn't want things to change, that's all. 

"I'm so-,"

"No don't say it, it was my fault, you had nothing to do with it. I ruined our friendship. I should've never provoked you like that. I knew I was acting annoying but I didn't stop. You reacted like any other person who doesn't reciprocate feelings acted. I'll take the blame, I'm sorry." Kirishima bowed his head towards Bakugou, but kept his eyes shut and his fists clenched.