Engagement Night😍

Hiie

Enjoy reading

  ‘Hi neil,’ avni said.

  There was something different in her ‘hi’ that night. Something passionate, something I’d rarely felt before.

  ‘Hi avu,’ neil responded calmly, and they began talking.

how good we felt talking to each other at night after so long, though it had just been a week. A little later, she was telling me about her friend’s engagement and, in a short while, she was talking about what our engagement would be like.

‘The engagement will be at our premises, and I will be wearing a sari that evening. You know, why? Coz I look stunning in a sari,’ she answered her question, before I could.

  ‘Aha … Chalo, in that case, I want to see my avu in a sari that evening.’neil said smirking...

  ‘It will be one of the best evenings of my life. I will be standing beside my fiancée, amid so many people. I can touch you, hold your hand in front of everyone and nobody will say anything,’ avni said.

  ‘I am dying for that evening to come. Then I will hold your hand and we will dance to the music, in front of everybody. I want my friends to be jealous because I possess you,’ avni said dreaming of that day soon to come.

  ‘And, in everybody’s presence, our eyes will be talking to each other.

  Those unsaid words which will be heard very clearly by them.

When you will look into my eyes, you will understand what I am feeling, that very moment, gazing at you.’

‘And when the people will be busy helping themselves to the food, my eyes will ask you to come upstairs, to the terrace. And I will make my way to the staircase and head upwards.’neil said dreaming....

  ‘And my eyes will tell you to go on ahead, and at the first opportunity, I will soon escape, saying I have to go to washroom,’ avni  said, in that girlish, mischievous tone.

  ‘I will be on the terrace, standing just behind the door where the staircase to the terrace ends.’

You will hear my anklets and my bangles tinkling as I come up the stairs to the dark terrace,’ avni said, slowly.

  ‘But you won’t know that I am standing behind the door,’ neil  whispered.

  ‘And I will push the door and go straight ahead,’ avni too started whispering

The moment you go two steps ahead, I will grab you from behind.’

  I don’t know what was happening to us.

Was it the fruit of spending those weeknights without talking to each other, or something else?

Outside, it had started raining, adding to the sensation of the moment. I could hear the rain spattering on the ground, and the cold breeze blew open the windows and came into my room that night.

neil  avni cried my name with pleasure.

And grabbing you from behind, I will take you and lock you in my arms.’ I closed my eyes. And maybe avni did the same when she said, neil  again, very slowly, full of love, taking a deep breath.

  ‘And with my hand I will bring your long hair in front of your left shoulder and I will bring my face very close to your neck on the right, with my other hand playing on your bare waist …’neil said..