3. Eggs

Sana's

It's only four in the morning when Dad wake me up and told me to dress up. He was so eager pushing me to the bathroom.

When I'm done, my things are already packed and our driver is waiting for me.

I lost track on the road because I slept since I'm still sleepy until dad woke me again.

"Darling come out, fast." He said calling me from the outside of the car.

Half-opened eyes, I went out.

"Welcome to your new house, and make sure to be good to your boss. I'm expecting a lot from you." He said making my eyes widened.

Seriously? He doesn't even told me. I thought it would be like next week or next day. Any day but not today really. I wasn't able to at least make the best of my remaining time! It's unfair!

So this is why my luggages are here! I thought he's surprising me with a trip or whatsoever but its the other way around! Gosh I love you dad!

"Dad you really—-" I wasn't able to finish speaking when he cut me.

"Oh, I'm pretty late for my work. Gotta go." He said rushing back to his car. He quickly turned around leaving me in shock. "Doorbell is there honey. Ciao!" He said and drove off.

What a Day Sana!

Seems like I have no other choice than to knock or else I'll freeze here outside.

Jeongyeon

I'm very near to the finishing the race riding my red sports car when suddenly tons of bell are poured on my way making the road very rough.

I looked at my side mirror and saw my opponent trying to overrun me so I tried so hard to balance myself while keeping up my speed.

Every bell I passed by rang loudly breaking my eardrums until I flicked on one loud bang and when I opened my eyes, I'm heading to a cliff. I tried to step on the brake but because of my speed, I fell. I closed my eyes praying for my life as my body reached the ground.

BANG!

I quickly checked if I'm still alive but when I opened my eyes, I'm in my room, sweating all over my bed. What a dream!

But the bell is still ringing! Don't tell me it's another dream? I slap myself but it just hurt me. I'm not dreaming.

Wait, it's the doorbell! Fucking doorbell.

I looked at my clock. It's only 5:30 in the morning so who the hell would come this early?

My friends are not early birds so it's very unlikely to be them.

Aish whatever.

I quickly went downstairs and opened the door. I saw a lady around my years looking around the neighborhood while pressing the doorbell from time to time.

"Yah! Stop pressing the doorbell! Can't you see that I'm coming?" I shouted at her. What does she need?!

"Ow sorry!" She blushed. "Can you please quickly open the gate? I'm freezing!" She shouted back. Feminine.

I opened the gate and look confusedly on her luggages. She went in as if I'm not existing checking every corner of our garden.

"Ow. I forgot, I think you know why I'm here. I'm here to be maid—no! Not totally." This girl is confusing the hell out of me. "It's just a drill 'kay? But I want to make this as realistic as possible just in case dad install surveillance cameras all over your place. And don't expect to much from me. I don't know how to——"

She talking fastly like a rapper so I cut her off since it's irritating me.

"Just shut your mouth and go inside. It's cold here." I said and carried her luggages.

She bite her lips zipping her mouth showing peace sign to me as we enter the house.

"Your room is here downstairs, help yourself out." I said and put her bags on the kitchen.

She nodded at me.

Why is she acting cute? That's too weird for a maid. It's making me uncomfortable.

"Unpack now. I'll just get back upstairs to get some sleep." I said and left.

"Did you already eat breakfast? What do you want?" She said peeking, shouting from the kitchen door.

I ignored her and went back to my room to sleep.

Sana's

Oh, so she would be my boss?! Well, I think it's a good thing that we're around the same age. I could just befriend her so I would not be overloaded with tasks. I often watched on soap dramas that maids are being bullied or treated badly so good thing she's young as me. But first, I need to atleast impress her.

I roamed over the fridge to look for something I could cook.

Samgyupsal? No.
Veggies? No.
Pasta? No.
Chicken? No.
Samjangg? No.
Ramyeon? No.

Gosh is there anything I know how to cook?! I closed the fridge sigh. I guess I was left with no other choice than egg. Good thing it's still early so it suits for breakfast.

I readied the stove and pan. The I put some oil before breaking the egg.

It was seasoned with salt isn't it?

I put a pinch of salt on the yolk. Wait how about the egg white? It will taste bland without any seasoning right? So then I add some salt to the white too.

The oil is starting to splash all over so I pick up the pan cover but it keeps on splashing!

Yaaaah! What will I do?!

Jeongyeon's.

I'm sleeping pretty well when I heard someone squealing from the kitchen.

Gosh don't tell me that girl burned my kitchen!

I rushed down to see what's happening and I saw her standing weirdly covering herself with the pan cover and frying from a distance.

No wonder the oil is splashing, the fire is too high.

I waste no second and quickly put off the stove. She sighed in relief.

"Yah! I thought it was the end of me." She said wiping her sweating forehead. "Come on let's eat."

She didn't wait for me to answer and she quickly prepared the table so I joined her.

Her sunny side up egg looks more a depressed sun.

"That's the best ones." She said putting two eggs on my plate. "I always burned it so I have to fry again and again."

Doesn't she know how to cook?

"Eat first." She said with her hands holding her face waiting for me to eat.

I can feel my stomach grumbling so I ignored her and put one egg between two sandwiches and ate it but what the heck? It's so salty that I choked.

"How much salt did you put here?" I said before getting a glass of water.

"Just a bit?" She innocently said.

"Are you trying to kill me? Do you want me to have kidney stones?" I said and shook my head. Aish I'll just eat at the convenience store nearby.

Aish. There, I left her to find something more edible since I'm not in the mood to eat.

What a nice way to start your morning.