08-The silence is lonely

I waited.

My mind was all over the place, everything around me disappeared, I felt like I was stuck in a twilight zone. I need him to be okay. Please Dante fight.

I stood there still, looking in the direction they went and I waited...I felt someone touch my shoulder and it brought me back to reality.

"Hey, are you okay." I heard a sweet voice say

I turned and saw a sweet looking nurse, she looked like she wanted to help me.

"Why don't we take a look at those cuts and your head is bleeding." She said as she guided me towards a room.

She sat me down on the bed and began cleaning my wounds, I couldn't really hear what she was saying but that's because I didn't care. All my worries were on Dante.

"We just need to get a X-Ray of your head to make sure everything looks fine and you should be fine, you got lucky. You have a broken rib and a sprained ankle but with some painkillers and bed rest you should be healed in a couple of weeks." Said the nurse

"Thank you." Was all I could say.

I returned to the waiting room after taking pain killers, to be honest I couldn't feel anything, I felt numb but that could also be cause of the adrenaline.

"There she is." I heard someone say

I turned and saw Nathan, Kiara, Kodiak, Klaus, Cohen and my dad running to me. I ran to my dad and just collapsed into him. He held me up and rubbed my back soothly.

"It's going to be okay, what did the doctors say?" He whispered

"They...they haven't come back yet. I...I need to go...for a brain X-Ray." I said and he just rubbed my back.

The nurse took me to get the X-Ray and we waited for the results. I waited for the doctor to come back, hours passed and still no update. Nathan and Kiara came back from the cafeteria with a coffees and sat down. I was sitting by my dad. I felt like my world was crashing down on me and I didn't know what to do, I couldn't do anything, I felt so helpless and pathetic, I felt useless.

Finally the doctor came out and walked towards me.

"Mrs. Myles?" Asked the doctor

"Yes." I said and stood up.

She ushered me to a quiet corner away from everyone and everything else, my heart was beating so loud and my anxiety was sky high.

"Mrs. Myles, we did everything we could but Mr. Myles lost to much blood in the accident and the damage to his abdomen was severe. I'm so sorry but Dante is on life support but we don't think his going to wake up. You can see him if you'd like." Said the doctor

"Is there a chance he will survive?" I asked while fighting back tears.

"Dante has severe damage to his boy and his brain was starved to long without oxygen, his brain dead."She said

"I'd like to see him." I said and she nodded. She guided me to a room and my family and friends followed.

As I walked to the room I felt like everything was in slow motion, my...my world felt like it didn't matter anymore. I felt alone.

I walked into the room and saw him laying there, my heart fell, I closed the door behind me and fell to the floor, I sat there crying and screaming.

Kodiak ran into the room and held me as i cried.

"Dante! No!" I cried

"Why you?! Why?" I cried

"Shhh, breathe, please breathe." Kodiak said trying to sooth me.