Kabanata 36

Drown

"What do you mean?"

"I never have a relationship with Gwyne, Zaccary. Kung nakita mo man kaming masaya noon sa club, it was probably because of the alcohol and my friends funny joke. I remembered she was touchy that's why I keep pushing her away. Not all you see in media is real, Zaccary. The reason why I don't have one." he lean his forehead in mine ngunit lumayo ako.

"Then how can you explain her friends reactions when they saw your picture? At bakit kayo magkasama sa isang jewelry store? You probably bought her a ring!"

He chuckle softly while claiming his territorry. I push him but he captured my hand and kiss it softly I almost melt.

The cold wind blow and it brush his hair forward. Damn. He looks manlier and sexier in my eyes now that his stares are getting more serious and dark.

Uminit ang pisngi ko at nakalimutan panandalian ang sakit at galit na nararamdaman para sa kanya. How could you be easily awed, Zaccary? Damn you!

"Whatever you heard about us, that's not true. She's just initiating that there's us. And I didn't give her a ring or flowers. You know how thirsty of attention that girl is." he said firmly.

"Hmp!"

He groaned again as he pull me back. Hindi na ata siya napapagod sa kakahila sa'kin papunta sa kanya. I wanted distance because he's giving me heart attack! His damn handsome face, his rhum and minty smell, his reddish lips and his bold sexy stares making me feel burning alive from the heat.

"I didn't go to the jewelry store with her. She probably stalk me that's why she found me. But I went there alone to buy a ring but for you. I was supposed to propose to you after I get back home." he said that made me drop my jaw.

"Suppose to what?"

Tumango siya, may multo ng ngiti sa kanyang labi ngayon. "Since Dad did everything to block me from coming home, I earn my little allowance to buy you that. I wanted to propose to you to let you know that you are my priority. I was afraid you will have a wrong idea about me not not giving you right communication even if I told you that I'll always compromise."

"But Bridgette clearly narrate to me how happy you were when you two went out from the store. Baka talaga para 'yon sa kanya!" giit ko.

"I wasn't happy. I was just being nice. And I went home after going from the store. That was our last encounter because I avoided her since then. But she never stop annoying me when I give her a clear signal that she won't have a chance with me because I only want you. She even tried to get my family's approval of her but my grandma doesn't like her that much. Grandma told me she still likes it if you were the one who helps her with her flower and vases than her kahit lagi kang nakakabasag."

Namilog ang mga mata ko sa huling sinabi niya. I remembered that! Iyon pa minsang mamahalin at antique ang nadidisgrasya ko!

He sheepishly grin at me. Ngumuso lang ako at inosenteng napakurap-kurap. "But... but... it was rumored that you are in a relationship. I heard your Mom said na napapalapit na si Gwyne sa inyo. Everyone knew that you two are a thing. Even her friend commented that she's always not in her condo every night."

He sigh and lazily roll his eyes. Kinunot ko ang noo ko at matalim siyang tiningnan. Nag aantay ng sagot at kompirmasyon sa katotohanan.

"Kahit kailan, hindi ko binigyan ng pansin at oras ang babaeng 'yon okay? O kahit na ang ibang babae. I told you it's always you." he said angrily.

"Eh saan siya tuwing gabi? Bakit wala siya sa condo niya?" hindi parin ako kontento sa mga sagot niya. I want more until I'm satisfied with his answers!