06 | Nevaeh

IT HAD been four days, Rain and the female have been training non-stop with the silver, making sure they were used to it and their wolves. Rain glanced at the female who was busy washing herself. Rain realised that she hasn't yet given her a name.

"What is your name?" Rain spoke.

"What's yours?" She replied, Rain froze at what she said, it reminded her of the day when her mate asked for her name. Her wolf growled at her in frustration, frustrated at her for even leaving their mate.

It was getting harder for Rain to control her wolf whenever she thought of her mate.

"Rain, and before you ask no I don't have a second name."

"Wasn't going to, I'm Nevaeh it's nice to meet you Rain," Nevaeh gave her a small grin and Rain returned it.

"That's a nice name, you literally have the words heaven written in your name just backwards,"

"Yeah and you're basically named after the weather!"

"Oh shut up, I was complimenting you,"

"I know I was just kidding, and yeah my mum said I was heaven to her and so she decided to call me that, just backwards..."

"What's it like?" Rain said, she always wanted to know what it felt like to have a mother who cared about you and stood by your side. To comfort you when you cry and to shout at you when you do something wrong. To raise you. To love you.

"I- I think it's a beautiful experience, you don't know what you have until it's gone... I realised that after I lost her." Nevaeh said, Rain could see the distress in her eyes. Her eyes watered and she sniffed wiping at them. "I fucked up you know?"

Rain reached out to her and Nevaeh leaned into her comfort.

"She was screaming my name but I was pissed at her, I thought it was nothing but then I heard growling noises. I ran out looking for her only to see her surrounded by four rouges, t-they fucking killed her!" Rain didn't know what to say so instead she held her tight and comforted her.

"It's all my fault, she told me to run, she told me to not look back and that's exactly what I did. If I didn't listen or just c-came a little bit more earlier I could have saved her. But I didn't and I realised the minute I lost her how much she meant to me,"

"Don't say that, there were four rouges neither you nor your mum would have made it. You know a mother's instinct is to always put their pups first so don't blame yourself, your mother wanted to keep you safe and alive."

"Yeah? Well now I have no one, I was struggling you know, it was so hard to survive without her. And the fact that females are rare, you know how a male would act if he sees me, I had to hide every second!"

"At least you had someone to care for you," Rain gave her a smile, the smile not meeting her eyes but instead sadness seeping through them.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry I shouldn't have said that! What am I even complaining about? You probably had it worse oh gosh I-"

"It's alright, I'm over it. Besides you have me now,"

"Good, and you better not leave me or I'll hunt you down and, and kill you myself!" Rain snorted at Nevaeh's choice of words.

"I didn't plan to,"

"You better not, anyways... I have a question,"

"Shoot."

"Did you find your mate?" Rain froze at what she said, she didn't know if she should tell her the truth or not.

Tell her the truth!