18 | Pain

NEVAEH WAS in pain, she couldn't hold in her emotions as she let out a sob, her body shaking and she let out the tears which she kept in for two days, burst out- like a small waterfall. Rain could sense her pain and frowned, she couldn't get up to comfort Nevaeh because she felt numb and weak.

"Nevaeh what are you on about? I'm alive and well can you not see?" Rain spoke.

"How do you not remember? You were bleeding! You were screaming in pain and you were dying right in front of our eyes! We couldn't do anything about it until..."

"Until what?" Rain couldn't remember these events and tried hard to think, she tried hard to remember but she just couldn't.

"Your mate, he saved you and I am forever grateful. I have no idea what I would have done without y-you,"

"I don't understand... how did he save me?"

"He fed you his blood." Nevaeh said, she was wiping at her tears and tried calming herself down.

"But I don't get it, how will his blood save me?"

Nevaeh froze at her words and put on a fake smile.

"I don't know, but what matters is that you're alive. You know your mate never left your side until today."

"What do you mean?"

"Daniel has been trying to get alone time with you but your mate was always by your side, it seemed like Daniel succeeded today, your mate looked tired, he didn't bathe for a few days and he hasn't eaten."

Rain's heart skipped a beat at what she was hearing, she frowned when she heard about how he's not taking care of himself and she wanted nothing more than to get up and help him. If only she could help herself first, she thought.

Our mate cares.

Her wolf reminded her, Rain smiled at that thought and her heart warmed up. She didn't know why she was noticing this now, but she could smell the heavy and delicious scent of her mate in the air. And then she scrunched her nose up in disgust at the scent of Daniels.

"It's a good thing you're alive I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Come here." Rain said.

"But won't you get hurt-"

"I'll be fine, just don't hug me too tight." Rain said. Nevaeh laughed and embraced her in a warm hug.

"You can't get rid of me that easily, I'm Rain." She said in a teasing tone.

"Good, and it better stay that way." Nevaeh replied with a goofy grin on her face.

"Now, I feel like you're not telling me something."

Nevaeh pulled away and looked at Rain who was raising an eyebrow in suspicion.

"Well, I actually decided to join this pack and we had a little ceremony,"

"Aw, I wish I was there." Rain said with a pouting face.

"Actually we decided to do it here because your mate didn't want to leave your side..."

"Oh? How long was I out for?"

Nevaeh's smile instantly vanished, replaced by a frown on her face.

"A week."

"A w-week? I..."

"I should go." Nevaeh said and was about to take her leave when Rain stopped her, Nevaeh looked towards the door and that's when Rain noticed a familiar figure leaning against the door.