23 | Fangs

RAIN STOOD in front of Kiana's door.

She didn't know if she should enter or not considering last time, but she heard a lot of movement coming from her room and was worried, slowly she lifted her hand and knocked on the door.

"Kiana?" Rain spoke.

The shuffling behind the door stopped and Rain was confused, no one answered.

She wanted to check in on the pup but she didn't know what would happen if Keith was to find out.

Scratch that, she had a couple of thoughts on what he'd do.

"Kiana, are you there?"

Still nothing.

Rain was impatient, and when she heard small scratching noises she didn't wait around while slowly opening the door.

As soon as she opened the door she heard a soft swish noise, and she looked around only to find the room empty.

"Kiana...?"

Rain was slowly panicking as she looked around the room, she walked towards the middle of the room and there was still no sign of the youngster.

And then she heard a slam.

Turning around she watched as the door slammed shut but a silhouette was there, Rain let out a sigh of relief as she looked at Kiana.

"Thank goddess I thought-..."

Rain paused, and her eyes widened at the sight in front of her.

The look in Kiana's face, a crazed look that screamed hunger, thirst.

And it wasn't that, that scared Rain. It was the fact that she looked at Rain in hunger, almost like she wanted to rip her to pieces. Her orbs were anything but the green shade she was so used to seeing, instead they were crimson. The blood that was splashed with each ruin had barely contained itself into the iris, and it seemed to be darkening at the sight of her.

Like a thirst for her blood.

"Rain."

Her voice sounded low and scratchy, a faint whisper but Rin had caught onto it, like it pained her to even utter those words.

Rain gasped as Kiana smiled, showcasing sharp fangs. They glinted under the small light peeking through, Kiana was no longer a pup but equivalent to a blood thirsty monster,

"How, that can't be..."

She was supposed to be extinct.

Rain backed away, she didn't want to hurt her because at the end of the day this was Keith's sister and Kiana- the pup who she cared deeply for.

"Kiana, don't." She warned as she backed away.

But with each step she took back the youngster took forward.

Rain hit the wall behind her and cursed.

She scanned her surroundings trying to find a safe escape route but her mind came up with nothing and her eyes returned to Kiana's red ones.

"You smell, yummy." She whispered, her eyes were fixated on her neck and Rain covered it with her hair.

"Kiana please don't." Rain begged.

"Rain, I'm so sorry." Kiana said as her eyes started to tear up, the crimson orbs clouded with pain and hunger began to drift between red and green.

"Kiana-"

"I'm scared, I..."

Rain grunted when Kiana appeared in front of her in a flash, she felt the sharp sting of her fangs sinking into her neck. She could feel the energy being sucked from her and waves of pain hit her like a brick in the face.