29 | Confessions

IT WAS silent, the uneasy silence in the room made her blood cold. Keith was waiting for her to speak but the look of horror on her face pretty much spoke for itself.

"How? Vampires they're-"

"Extinct?"

Rain connected eyes with him, he refused to show his emotions and she nodded her head.

"Vampires are extinct, Kiana is the only one left of her kind."

"I don't understand, it still doesn't add up, h-how is she...?" She whispered, Keith had a grim expression on his face.

"My father of course, centuries ago when the werewolves and vampires were at war he captured Athanasia."

Athanasia.

Rain had heard about her, the vampire princess. She frowned at the thought, Rain never knew it was possible for a werewolf and vampire to have an offspring but yet here Kiana was.

"Your father loved her?"

Rain jumped a little as Keith howled with laughter, while clutching his stomach.

"Love?" He spoke in a bitter tone, his eyes darkened as he looked at her. "There was no love, he took her by force."

She sucked in a sharp breath, feeling sympathetic for Athanasia.

"I was a pup, he made me watch, said to me how a real wolf should act- made me watch as he..." Keith paused midway, his finger shaking a little and Rain instantly got up to hold onto his arm, he avoided her eyes but she grabbed onto his face.

"It's okay, you're okay."

"He made me watch and after he was done, h-he kept her there. Kiana was soon born,"

"What happened to Athanasia?"

Keith looked at her.

"She was killed, I watched her die and did nothing." He stated.

"No, you couldn't do anything, you were a pup." Rain muttered, her head on his chest as she listened to the slow rhythmic beating of his heart.

Keith didn't respond, instead he wrapped his broad hands around her small frame and embraced her in a warm hug. They stayed like that for a while until Rain pulled away a little, her green orbs shining as she stared up at him.

"You know, having a mate isn't so bad like I thought it would be."

Keith tilted his head.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I'm not a good person Rain, I don't deserve you." He muttered while tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

Rain rolled her eyes.

"Don't give me that bullshit, the moon goddess paired us together because we deserved each other,"

Keith stared at Rain, he hesitated but then slowly leaned in brushing his lips against hers in a soft motion. He then pulled away resting his forehead against hers, Rain had her eyes closed and smiled.

"I wish things could be different."

The smile instantly vanished.

🌙

Rain was pacing around in her room, she sensed something was wrong with Keith but she didn't know what.

I wish things could be different.