22 | Fire

RAIN BARED her teeth at the person who was poking her awake.

"Wake up." Keith commanded.

She ignored him and rolled to the other side of the bed and snuggled into his pillow, she buried her nose in his pillow and smiled at his scent. Although she probably looked like a creep in his eyes she didn't care, the only thing she cared about right now was her sleep and the comfort that it gave.

"So you don't care about me?"

She could hear the teasing tone in his voice, she blocked him from hearing her thoughts and ignored him.

And then she froze.

Rain felt heat- it felt like a heat wave and wasn't so comforting. It smelt like-

Fire.

Rain immediately opened her eyes and shot up, she grabbed onto the blanket and covered herself while glaring at Keith, he had burned her clothes, leaving her naked for him to see. She had forgotten about his powers.

"You fucker." She snarled as she gripped onto the blanket.

Keith titled his head a little, his eyes weren't on her but the blanket she gripped onto. She watched as his eyes darkened and a smirk played out on his lips.

"I've seen every inch of your skin, why act modest now?" His eyes flickered to hers, the amusement clear in them.

"You burned my freaking clothes?! By the way I'm not okay with that." Rain replied with a huff.

"My bad, I'll buy you more,"

"Forgiven, your powers..."

"Oh, this?"

Keith lifted his hands and Rain watched in awe as a small flame lit up, it looked so harmless when in reality it can grow into a great ravenous beast, devouring everything in it's path.

Much like Keith.

But Rain looked at the beauty of it, it was like a compelling spark, it looked so irresistible. Like a dancing flame. But she knew fire was untameable, that it makes you see what you want, for the real beauty of fire was an attractive flame drawing you into the darkness within, until it's too late, for fire was its own weapon.

"The mark."

Rain tore her gaze away from the dancing flame and looked at Keith.

"It strengthened me, now I'm able to use it whenever I please,"

Rain watched as the flames disappeared and he crossed his arm across his chest while looking at her.

"What about before when you melted the silver dagger?" Rain spoke while thinking back to the time she was about to stab him with the dagger.

"My emotions would strengthen my power but it was rarely as it takes a lot of energy, now I'm able to perform it without any trouble. Thanks to you." He replied with a wink.

"So, where's my power?" Rain said with a smirk.

Keith looked at her and raised an eyebrow.

"Well, you can heal me with your blood,"

Rain frowned.

"Only you?" She said, Keith nodded his head in response. "I suppose that isn't so bad."

She watched as Keith's gaze dropped to her chest and she gripped onto the sheets again when she realised she loosened them. Keith immediately snapped his eyes towards hers at the small movement.