34 | End

RAIN FELT weak.

Perhaps it was because of what Daren had put in her, Rain dismissed the thought, thinking it would heal soon and covered her pain.

She could feel someone's gaze on her and she shifted her head to see Athanasia looking at her with curiosity, her pain going unnoticed.

Athanasia looked in front and realised Keith was busy.

"You look very pale."

"I just need food in my stomach and I'll be fine." Rain replied.

But they both knew it was a lie.

"Whatever he put in you, it's affecting you-"

"I can't tell Keith, not now, please?" Rain spoke desperately.

Athanasia pursed her lips debating on whether to tell Keith or not but slowly nodded her head.

They both turned to Keith who interrupted them.

"We should probably shift, we'll get there faster." Keith spoke, walking towards them with a frown on his face.

Rain tried reaching for her wolf but nothing worked.

Shift.

Her wolf just whimpered in return, something was terribly wrong and Rain frowned at that.

"Uh, on second thought I'm feeling slightly drained." Rain muttered.

Keith raised an eyebrow at that but nonetheless nodded his head, he offered for Rain to climb on his back when he shifted into his wolf.

🌙

"Rain!"

Rain gave a weak smile towards Nevaeh who instantly came rushing to her side with Antonio behind her, throughout the journey home Rain could feel her energy being sucked away but Keith hadn't noticed.

She knew it was about time before he did.

Nevaeh paused as she gazed at Athanasia in awe, curious as to how a vampire is standing in front of her.

"This is Athanasia, Kiana's mother." Rain spoke, Nevaeh's eyebrows shot up in surprise and her mouth formed an 'o'.

"Are you okay Luna?" Antonio said coming to Rain's side.

"I-I'm fine."

"What the fuck?"

Keith came storming towards Rain, fully dressed and when he took sight of her pale face and trembling body something in him snapped.

"What the hell happened to you?"

"The chemical that was injected in her." Athanasia spoke, everyone went silent upon hearing her voice.

Keith's eyes turned to slits.

"Get me the pack nurse, we'll be in the medical room." Keith barked.

Antonio nodded his head and instantly ran. Rain could feel her eyelid become heavy and began to slip away into the darkness.

"Rain!"

🌙

The faint beeping of a machine had Rain open her eyes and she instantly smiled upon seeing many familiar faces, Athanasia holding Kiana close to her, Nevaeh and Antonio and finally Keith.

But his eyes didn't meet hers, instead he avoided looking at her but she noticed the pain in his eyes, she could feel the pain he felt.

And so she frowned, not just because of Keith but because of everyone else looking at her with the same look.