𝔪𝔞𝔤𝔲𝔰 𝔢𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

Sejeong jolted awake, eyes barely opening from how swollen they were

Sejeong jolted awake, eyes barely opening from how swollen they were. The sky was a hazy purple and orange gradient as the sun was nearly set. She realized she was still in the safety of Jisung's arms.

"Jisung." Her voice came out as croak, her throat dry and scratchy from all the crying.

"You're finally awake? How are you feeling?" Jisung asked. He dug through his bag with one hand and was quick to giver he his bottle of water. "Here. You sound like a frog."

She shot him a glare before chugging down every last bit of water. She let out a satisfied sigh and got up to throw the bottle into the recycling bin.

"My back is killing me." He whined, finally being able to stretch. A satisfying crack came from his back. 

"What? Why?" She asked, sitting back down beside him.

"I didn't want to wake you so I've been sitting like this for the past four hours." He admitted. "You cried so much I thought you were going to die from dehydration. I had Jaemin check on you since he's the med student."

"You're exaggerating I did not- okay maybe I did but still. You should have just woken me up." She pouted. 

"But you looked so peaceful." Jisung reasoned. The sun had fully set, leaving the dim light from the wall as their source of light. "It's getting late. You should head home."

"I don't want to go back to the apartment. I don't want to see his stupid face." Sejeong grumbled, crossing her arms. 

"What do you want to do?"

"I don't know. Maybe go to your house? Can I crash there for the night?" She suggested. 

Jisung tensed up at the mention of his house. Hesitation was apparent in his eyes as he looked down at his hands. He might have to admit it to her before he was ready to tell her.

"Or maybe not if you're not comfortable." She brushed off. "I could just ask Chenle if I can go to his house then.

"No it's fine. I was just wondering when I last cleaned." He assured getting up. "We'll teleport there."

"You're one of those spacial mages that can teleport? Can you also control time? That's so OP!" She squealed. She had never met a spacial mage capable of teleporting. 

"I um haven't tried it." He answered. He got up and fixed his things. "Hug me-"

"Don't mind if I do!" She hummed, bringing him into a hug. 

"Keep your eyes closed until I tell you it's okay. You might feel a little dizzy after." Jisung instructed. As soon as she had her eyes closed, he took a deep breath and teleported them both to his home. "You can open your eyes now."

"Oh my god." She groaned, feeling nauseous. She opened her eyes and fell straight onto his couch. "I saw my life flash before my eyes." 

"It gets a lot of getting used to. It took me a couple of months." He said, shrugging his coat off. "I can teleport to a place as long as I've been there or know the exact location."

"Man the convenience of not having to commute." She mused. Once she regained her strength, she began walking around and checking the pictures. 

"Are you fine with instant noodles? I don't really have anything else." Jisung asked, looking through the cupboard. 

"Of course." She assured. She came across a cracked family portrait, the edges of the photo somewhat burnt. "Donghyuck slapped me."

The sound of pots clattering made her jump. "He did what? Where? Why?"

"He wasn't happy I got involved with you guys and the argument escalated from there. He mentioned my dad and I said something I didn't mean in the heat of the moment." Sejeong explained. 

"What do you mean?"

"My dad befriended a malum mage despite people warning him. In the end, that friend tricked Donghyuck and tried to kill him for something but my dad sacrificed himself to save him." Sejeong explained. "Sometimes I think he's trying to take responsibility over something he couldn't control. He's trying to fill in the hole and make up for it."

"I can understand that. Living with the guilt and wanting to make up for it." Jisung mumbled, words going unheard by the girl. 

She couldn't help but notice that there were two Jisungs in the picture. "You have a twin brother? Where is he now?"

"Dead. Along with my father."

"Oh um. I'm sorry for bringing it up." 

"It's alright, I'm okay talking about it with you."

"No, just because I asked I don't want to know. I want you to tell me when you really are ready."

"Everyone was right to warn you that I'm dangerous. I... I did kill that one guy and severely injure the other one but my magic... I couldn't control it with how angry I was when they were harassing that girl. I only meant to help but..." 

"Did you mean it?" Sejeong questioned, walking up to him. "Did you mean to kill them? Did you want to see them die?"

"But it was my magic-"

"Just answer me whether or not it's intentional." She cut off.

"No."

"Then you're not a bad person. Well in my opinion. Your magic got the best of you and that is a fault in your part but still. I know you meant well." Sejeong  affirmed. "You do have a fault in it but still. You get my point."

Her words seemed to strike a part of Jisung as his eyes glossed over. She wasn't sure if what she said only applied to the situation he had opened up about, but she hoped it eased any other painful memory he had.

"I'm scared one day I might hurt you too if I can't control myself." Jisung admitted.  

"I'm not scared of you. I don't have a reason to be." She comforted, placing a hand over his. "You shouldn't either."

It was there again. 

The comforting warmth of her touch made him feel lighter. He felt at ease, wanting to let his guard down in front of her. In these little moments he would forget about the curse he lived with. 

The way she looked at him made his heart jump. His eyes land on her slightly parted lips. He wanted to claim them. He wanted her.

Jisung placed a gentle hand on one of her cheeks and was relieved to see she didn't flinch away. He leaned down, bringing his face centimeter's away from hers. The whistling of the kettle made them jump away from each other. Jisung rushed over to turn the electric stove off while Sejeong just awkwardly faced the living room. 

"I'll get clothes you can use as pajamas while you should prepare the noodles."

"Yeah. Sounds good." Sejeong agreed, watching him disappear into his room. She went to prepare the instant noodles, hoping her heart would calm down. "Shit."

A/N

I hate orientations but I do like how it made me make an edit for Care. Would you guys also want an edit for outcast?