𝔪𝔞𝔤𝔲𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶-𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢

"That's what I want to say, but I know you've made up your mind to go after him. You and your father are pretty similar so there's no changing your mind." Her mother chuckled. 

"You're really letting me go?" Sejeong blinked, wondering if she heard her mother right.

"Sej, you're an adult. I'm sure you can make your own decisions and all I need is for you to kick his ass and come back home alive and well. You can get injured for the badass effect when you tell the story but still. Alive." Her mother explained. "I'm sure you're not going to do it alone but please take Hyuck with you."

"Thank you, mama..." She trailed off, unsure whether to continue her worries.

"But?"

"But what?"

"There's something more you want to tell me about that. I know you wouldn't bring that up without a follow up."

"It's about confronting the guy. I'm scared of what I might do when I see him. I'm just so angry I feel like I might kill him.... but doesn't that make me the same as him? A murderer?"

The line went quiet for a while before her mother's unsure voice spoke again.

"Sejeong. I know it's hard, but no matter how angry you are, never let it cloud your thinking. You'll make the decision when you get there. If you kill him, yes you are no different from him taking people's right to live, but ask yourself this, is it a worthy punishment?"

"Darling?" Jisung groggily called from inside. 

"Oh? Was that a boy I heard?  Finally it's been so long." Her mother mused.

"Um mama, I'll call you after I settle everything." She stammered over her words, watching as Jisung walked toward her in a half asleep manner.

"Alright, don't forget to introduce your boyfriend to me. Hey! Stay Safe!"

"Mama!" 

"Bye sweet pea!

Sejeong let out a groan of annoyance as threw her phone onto the table and questioned the reason of her existence in this world. Jisung joined her out on the balcony, sitting on the empty chair beside her. 

"I woke up when you left. I got worried when you didn't come back right away." He mumbled, placing a hand over hers. "The clowns called, they want their nose back."

"What a great way to point out I've been crying." She huffed as she wiped her damp cheeks. "I couldn't sleep. I warmed myself a glass of milk and called my mom. Talked about a couple of things." 

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I'll just be here as a support." Jisung clarified. He  leaned back into the seat, patting his shoulder.

"It's free real estate." Sejeong declared, laying her head comfortably on his shoulder. She grabbed his arm and draped it around her, happy when he pulled her closer. "It's a shame there's no stars here."

"Do you ever just want to run away?" He asked, tracing lines into her arm.

"I do sometimes, but life has to go on. Time won't wait for anyone to be ready again." She answered with a yawn.  

"Life does go on, but you can always continue it in a new place." Jisung added, resting his head on hers. He closed his eyes, letting the smell of her unique rosemary scented shampoo fill his nose. A scent he had come to savor. 

The mundane moments he enjoyed with her like this had him thinking if a future with her meant more days like this. Just the thought of it brought him pure bliss, wanting nothing more than to spend his future with her.