Chapter Three

I sat through the entire class, scheming. I was just trying to think of a way I could easily make this work out for me. It wouldn't be far. I was just starting to move on from Nicole, and this perfect girl shows up- I couldn't let Kyle have her. I subtly watched, throughout the class. She was sitting with Heidi and Wendy, which was good. At least that way Kyle wouldn't get more one-on-one time with her. This gave me more time to come up with a plan.

We were learning about parabola's or something like that in math today. It was something that I was already rather familiar with, so it didn't matter if I paid attention or not.

Take her on a date. You have the money to knock her off her feet. It would be a date that Kyle couldn't compare to, but I don't know if that would work. If she was anything like Cartman, it would work in a heartbeat, but she's nothing like him. I don't think money is going to win her over.

I leaned back into my desk, scanning the room. (Y/N) and Wendy were the only ones that were allowed to quietly speak without getting yelled at. Wendy, of course, was just answering little questions that (Y/N) might have throughout the notes. Who knows if that's what they are really talking about?

I continued to look around the room. Craig was sleeping. Clyde was trying to interrupt Wendy and (Y/N), and he was failing horribly. Kyle was staring right at (Y/N) as if he couldn't make it any more obvious.

Then my eyes landed on Cartman, who was sitting at his desk texting, and it hit me. I held the advantage to Kyle, and I planned to use every bit of it to my advantage.

"Okay class, so ahead and finish the rest of the packet with the person you are sitting next to," the teacher announced to the class.

I quickly scooted my desk over to Cartman's. Usually, Clyde would turn around, and we would work together. Cartman was normally the last person to partner up with anyone. It's usually a huge ordeal, and he throws a huge fit.

By picking Cartman, I could've sworn we'd get out of a tantrum, but I couldn't help but notice Clyde start to tear up- but what else could you expect? Crybaby Clyde never did grow up.

"Wanna be partners?" I asked Eric.

He narrowed his eyes at me before accepting.

I had planned to say something about (Y/N), but I wanted to get the homework done first- but Cartman seemed to know exactly what I was doing.

"I see you are trying to out Jew Kyle right now," Cartman said, not looking up from our packet.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I see what you are trying to do. Kyle is obviously going to go for (Y/N) straight on, but to not seem too overbearing, you are going to try to come at her through me...It's very sneaky of you," Cartman chuckled.

But how did he- was I that obvious?

I let out a defeated sigh, "Well, yeah that was my whole approach with this, so are you going to help me?"

Cartman looked disappointed. "Wait, this is really how you are going to ask me? Don't you think you should put some more effort in? I mean you are asking for my help here...I think you should tell me all of the reasons on why you think (Y/N) should be with you over Kyle."

Cartman was straight to the point, and he was smart. I should've seen this coming, but just because he was clever, didn't mean that he was the smarter of the two of us.

"Okay, let's get down to it then," I told him. "I'll be honest, I can't present much on why I would be better for (Y/N) than Kyle- Kyle is a great guy, and I'm sure he would treat her great, but I can tell you why my relationship with (Y/N) would be more beneficial to you."

I knew as soon as the words left my mouth, I had Cartman's full attention.

"I'm listening." He smirked.

"You do realize that Kyle is your nemesis. You want your cousin to date him? Not only would she be dating a Jew, but Kyle will also be around ten times as much as he already is...wouldn't that drive you insane?" I explained. "You and me, though? We're buddies. You've been trying to make amends for years. You put a good word in for me, and you can consider us cool. That way I get what I want, and you look a little less racist."

"As if I cared about looking less racist," he laughed. "But you are right, if it came down to it, I would much rather have you with her than that sneaky Jew."

Just then, the bell rang, and I started to put all of my stuff in my bag along with everyone else. I assumed that I would have to pick up my conversation with Cartman a different time, as the entire class was anxiously trying to get out og the room.

"Wait, Token," Eric called, grabbing me back by my arm. "We aren't done with this conversation."