Chapter Eight

~Time Skip~

It had been a few weeks since (Y/N) had gotten here, and Cartman wasn't kidding when he said she really wasn't interested in anyone. Kenny, Kevin, Clyde, and Greg had all tried to take her out, and she turned them all down. But it seemed like that wasn't clear enough to some as Kyle spoke at the lunch table.

"I just really think she wants a boyfriend material guy, and let's face it, neither of you are that," he harshly told Kenny and Clyde.

"Oh, and what makes you boyfriend material?" Kenny scoffed.

"I mean- come on...you can't really be comparing me to you guys," Kyle nervously spoke. "Like our reputation alone—"

"She's new, Kyle. She doesn't know our reputations," Clyde bitterly told him.

Kyle gave him a blank stare and let out a disappointed sigh. "Clyde, she's been here for weeks now. You don't like a single girl has said anything to her about you? Bebe? Lola? Red?"

Clyde sunk back a little, knowing he had lost that argument, giving Kyle an even bigger ego boost.

"You'll see. I'm going to ask her out next week. I bet she'll say yes," Kyle smirked.

"Dude, I already told you, (Y/N) doesn't want a boyfriend here," Cartman commented.

"I just can't believe Kyle wants to date Cartman's cousin," Stan added.

"I'm still taking it in," Kyle replied to her.

"Well be ready to get rejected. There is no way (Y/N) is going to decide she wants a relationship with a stupid Jew," Eric snarled.

Kyle opened his mouth to say something else, but I quickly cut him off, knowing that if I heard his smug mouth say one more thing, I was going to go off in him.

"Dude, she won't want you," I stated.

I hadn't said anything the entire period, and the entire table eye's landed on me. Kyle looked like he was about to say something else, but the bell rang, causing everyone to get up and move around the lunchroom. I grabbed my bag and dumped my tray before I started to make my way to class. However, as I joined in with the crowd, I felt someone grab my arm and pull me to the side, rather aggressively. When we were on the outskirts of everyone, I looked to see that it was Kyle who yanked me over.

"What the hell man? Why would you say that?" he instantly questioned.

I knew he was talking about (Y/N), but I didn't really have an answer for him. Well, at least not an answer that didn't give away the fact that I really liked her too, but from the realization in his eye, I knew that I didn't have to say anything.

"You've got to be kidding me..." Kyle mumbled. "Isn't it enough that you got Nicole?"

"Nicole isn't here anymore Kyle. She moved and broke up with me. I was literally heartbroken, but (Y/N)...she doesn't seem like the other girls," I explained to him. "I really do think that I could like her..."

"Well, could you lay off? It's bad enough you got Nicole, and I had to watch that for years—"

"You went on one date," I snarled at him.

"And I felt that spark," he argued.

"Fine. I guess this will be all up to (Y/N)," I grumbled, pushing past him and going to class.