Chapter Seven

*Token's P.O.V.*

I came to school the next day feeling like a nervous wreck. It seemed that as soon as I got home, I instantly regretted telling Eric to put in a good word for me. I couldn't trust him with anything, so I don't know why I thought that this would be a good idea. All I could force myself to think was the fact that Eric did like me better than Kyle, but that seemed to be the only thing that I had going for me.

"Dude, what's up with you?" I heard someone behind me ask, as they gave me a slight jump.

I instantly jumped and turned to see Clyde, Craig, and Tweek standing beside me. I hadn't seen them there before, but judging by Craig's annoyed look, they had been standing there a while.

"Oh- h-hey guys," I nervously said, still running from my thoughts.

Clyde gave me a weird look. "Are you okay?"

"You're acting a lot like Tweek," Craig commented, uninterested.

"H-HEY!" Tweek protested.

Craig simply put his arm around him and started scrolling through his phone.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I told him.

My eyes continued to scout out the hallway. I still hadn't seen Cartman or (Y/N). I didn't even have a plan when I saw them. I knew they came to school together, so I couldn't just ask him if he found anything out...that is if he even said anything to her in the first place.

"Dude, we're going to be late if you stop standing there and daydreaming like a little fucking girl," Craig snarled, walking off towards class.

Just then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Cartman and (Y/N) come into the school. (Y/N) looked like she was saying something to him before she walked off.

This is a perfect opportunity.

"Actually, I'll catch up with you guys in class. I have to go take care of something," I told the guys before I walked towards Eric, who was already at his locker.

I could feel each of the guys watching me with a questioning look as I went over there, but I couldn't concern myself with that at the moment. I didn't know when I'd get another chance to talk to Eric alone. At any moment, his friends could pop out of nowhere, and then, I'd get absolutely nowhere.

"Eric!" I called after him.

He instantly turned to look at me, giving me a disappointing look. Suddenly, I felt my heart drop, for I knew he either blew it, or there was something wrong with me.

"What happened? What did she say?" I instantly asked.

He let out a shrug and sighed, "she said she wasn't interested in anyone right now."

I felt my gut turn. "So, did you even put in a good word for me?"

"I didn't even get the chance, dude. She seemed pretty clear about it," Cartman explained. "On the bright side, at least you know Kyle won't be an issue either."

"Dude," I protested.

Cartman let out an annoyed sigh, "I've done all I can. I'll still help you out if the opportunity arises, with a price of course, but she said she wasn't into anyone."

Cartman didn't say anything else about it either. He simply closed his locker and walked off probably looking for his friends.

It all seemed pretty bleak, but I definitely wasn't about to give up on it. I could only depend on myself, though.

It won't be that hard to get her attention. We won over Nicole, and I'll win her over too. I am the better between the two of us...