Chapter Five

Later that day, I joined the girls at lunch, which I didn't think was going to be a problem, considering I had talked to Wendy a bit, and she was nice, and I knew that Heidi was dating Eric. I had even met her a couple times at family event, but as soon as I sat down at that table, I could feel the tension.

I looked to Wendy, who sat across from me, and she smiled. Then I looked to Heidi, who I sat next to, and she also gave me a reassuring smile. However, they did not make up for the multiple glares that I was receiving.

I started to eat, trying to ignore the tension, but it wasn't long before a girl, Red I believe her name is, said something.

"Okay, so we're really just going to let her sit here? We're just going to ignore the fact that she literally holds the same blood as Cartman?" she questioned, as if she was losing her mind.

"Red, stop this. She's really nice," Wendy argued. "She doesn't even act like him."

"I have to agree with Red on this one," Bebe chimed in. "I just don't know if we should trust her."

"I just find it shocking that you of all people are going to defend her, Wendy. You have the most beef with Cartman," Red mentioned.

"Yeah-but..." Wendy seemed lost for words.

I couldn't help but feel my skin start to crawl in my surroundings.

"Are you guys sure you should be talking so rude in front of her?" Lola questioned. "She is related to him..."

All the girls looked back at me as if I was a monster. I glanced to the boys' table. I guess I could go sit there, but I was really hoping to make my own friends instead of relying on Cartman.

I sighed and picked my tray up.

"(Y/N), wait," Heidi finally said. "Please sit back down."

Everyone looked at her shocked, including me. I wasn't sure what to do, but I slowly sat back at the table as Heidi continued to talk.

"Look, I know (Y/N), okay? She's fine, and stop talking about Eric like that. When is the last time you guys saw him do something fucked up? It's been a while...he's not the same kid he used to be, okay?" Heidi said in a very assertive tone.

I glanced to her and smiled. She sent me a huge grin in return. Wendy, too, was giving me a supportive look as we all started to eat our lunch. It was clear that the other girls still weren't happy, but it seemed that I had made some friends- so I didn't really care what they had to think.