Chapter 1

3rd person POV

Nekomata (name), granddaughter of Nekomata Yasufumi, the white-haired, wrinkled coach of Nekoma High's boys volleyball team. Her grandfather retired a few years ago but recently came back to work.

Coach Nekomata may look old at first glance, but he is still very healthy, lively and happy. However, this does not calm the worries of (name) for her grandfather. So, she decided to accompany him at work.

During practices, official games, practice games, she's always there to accompany her grandfather.

She has become very close with the team. The members call her 'miss kitten'. This is because her last name, although it's spelled differently in kanji, has the sound 'neko' which means cat. The teen members decided to refer to her as 'kitten' because she's the granddaughter of their coach, the alpha cat.

Coincidentally, this name of endearment also goes well with her petite figure and cute personality. But just like any other cat, she can be feisty too.

To the team, she's like a mother, alongside their libero, Yaki Morisuke. She's protective of the boys. And the boys are equally protective of her.

🐱🐱🐱

Your POV

Today, you were headed to Miyagi with everyone in the team. They were gonna have a practice match.

You were confused why your grandfather would bring the team all the way to Miyagi to fight a team that doesn't even seem challenging, since there are many good opponents in Tokyo. You would totally understand if it was Shiratorizawa, the team that always advances to nationals. Or one of the powerhouses in Miyagi.

But your grandfather was especially excited for this one, so you didn't mind it further.

🐱🐱🐱

The bus reached its destination earlier. Your grandfather insisted that you go around the area since you've never been here before, plus the team weren't gonna do anything that needed your assistance for this day. It was okay for you to go alone since you were old enough.

You went around, looking at everything. It was very different from Tokyo. But you didn't hate it. You loved it. You used to commute to school, but you always dreamed of walking the whole way there in a town like this. You always felt that people were closer and less reserved in environments like this.

Before you knew it, it turned dark. You were walking back when you realised you didn't know where you were exactly, but you guessed you were in the area that the team was staying in since you didn't roam too far.

You called your grandfather to send someone to fetch you. You couldn't use your GPS because you're quite cheap and don't like spending money on mobile data. "Yes, I'm nearing a store named Sakanoshita store." you described your surroundings through the phone.

"Kenma, check your GPS. See if you can find Sakashita store." you hear from the other end.

"Sakanoshita, sofu." you corrected him.
(A/n: sofu is what japanese children call their own grandfather from what I searched, not sure doe :/)

"Oh. Sakanoshita, kenma. You found it? Ok go fetch her. Go with kuroo." you heard him say. "They'll be there, don't worry.".

"Okay, sofu. Thank you! You rest first, I'll be there soon." you say.

"Mm." He hums and ends the call.

When you were about to put down the phone, you received another call. Your phone read 'Kuroo Bedhead😪💞'. You answered your ringing device.