Chapter 9

Your POV

Nekoma High Volleyball Team was boarding the bus headed to the Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium. Today was the first day of Spring InterHigh, the national volleyball high school championships.

It was a short trip and soon, you were all entering the gymnasium. Most of the members were walking smugly.

Different high school teams were gathered in the lobby, both males and females. They were all so tall. You, an adult, was staring up and around at the different high schoolers like a kid.

"Miss Kitt, it's rude to stare." Kuroo said.

"Oh that's right, you didn't inherit the height gene." your grandfather joked.

Annoyed with their teasing, you moved over to Kenma who was quietly playing his portable gaming console. Suddenly you felt him look up from his device and say "Shōyō.".

You follow his line of sight and see Hinata jumping up and down towards your team shouting "Oy Kenma, Hi!!! The Skytree tower was so tall!". He emphasized the landmark's height by jumping really high with both hands in the air.

"Oi munchkin! Lower your voice!" you hear a familiar voice scold. As expected of him, he dislikes ruckuses.

You and Ukai haven't seen each other since your last date. He was busy preparing his team, while you were busy helping your grandfather with a similar objective. He visited Tokyo once during that time to take you out for the second time.

Despite not seeing each other though, you two have gotten much closer. You two communicated through text, call and video chat. You're both comfortable with each other now; constantly hitting on the other and joking freely.

You noticed that the team members had spread out, catching up with other teams. Ukai approached you while your love team supporters, crows and cats, weren't paying attention.

"Hey! Wanna go with me to the vending machine?" he asks.

"What about your team?".

"Takeda will watch them.".

"Alright then." you give a sweet smile.

You both walk quietly to the vending machine, side by side. From a distance, you saw that there weren't any people in the area you were headed to. When you arrived in front of the machine, he faced you, bent down, and wrapped his arms around you.

"I missed you!" He whined with a higher pitch which was still considered deep. You were so touched that you exaggeratedly felt like crying.

You hugged him and whined back "I missed you too!".

"Really?".

"Heh, of course!" you were a little bit embarrassed to admit it.

"Then will you be my girlfriend?".

You froze, and pulled away from the hug after a while. Holding his arms to keep him in place, you studied his face to see if he was joking. It didn't seem like he was, he was sincere with his question and was patiently waiting for a response.

"You're always so sudden." he says nothing back.

"You want to be my boyfriend?" you ask and he nods.

"Do you want me to be your boyfriend?" he asks.

No, I want you to be my husband. For a second, your eyes glimmered. You nodded with a smile on your face. "Yeah!".

You amusingly giggled at his approach. He had a huge smile and was looking deep into your eyes, but that all dropped in a second. His expression changed and he pinched his nose.