Chapter 6

Your POV

The open area was filled with chat coming from about 50 young boys. The coaches have prepared a nice surprise for all of them...

A barbecue feast!

To congratulate them for all their hard work during the two training camps.

The meat was almost ready and the boys were prepared to dig in. I can see Tora snapping the tongs like he couldn't wait a second more.

"Dig in, everyone!" coach Arakawa said, loud enough for everyone to hear. As if on cue, the boys stepped closer to the different grills and happily picked some meat.

They soon found their places to eat. Some sat on the tables provided, some on the ground, some on the stairway, others were just standing up.

You made sure that your sofu was seated comfortably and had a well balanced meal before getting your own.

You stood in front of the closest grill and inspected the meat. You looked for one with more meat because you weren't too much of a fan of fat. You used to absolutely love the fatty parts of pork and beef but you were traumatized after eating too much of it when you were younger. So yes, you took a while looking for a meaty one.

Suddenly, a pair of chopsticks dropped a delicious looking piece on your plate. You stared at the piece of perfection. You lifted your head to find the provider of such a gift. And damn-

You were too occupied looking at the grill, but the meaty one was standing right beside you this whole time. The strong, muscular Ukai-kun placed another piece of beef on your plate.

You looked at him in astonishment. He then got some kebabs for you. He gave you quite a lot. "Oh, I think this is enough Ukai-kun." you snapped out of your light trance."

"Mmmm... have some vegetables too." he looked around but there were none in sight.

"It's alright, I'll just-"

You saw him take some greens from his own plate and place it in yours. "There." he says.

You looked at your plate, and it was filled with glorious, glorious stuff. "Thank you so much!" you said, your bright eyes which showed genuine appreciation were still looking down on your plate.

"Welcome." he says.

You turn around to hide your reddened face.

Last night, you went out with Ukai-kun for the second time and got some trendy ice cream. You've been seeing it online and wanted to finally treat Ukai, but he beat you to it again.

"Nekomata-chan," You hear his voice say behind you. I thought he went ahead. Turns out he waited for you. "Let's head over?" you nod in response.

Kamisama, this is too much. You internally cried.

You both approached the table where all the coaches were seated. You sat in between your sofu and coach Naoi.

"I saw that." coach Naoi says beside you. You threatened him with your chopsticks. "I swear, stop kidding around coach Naoi. You're making it weird, it's probably nothing.".

"Alright, alright." he chuckles.

Yeah, I think we're what you call friends. You thought.

🐱🐱🐱

You went over to Kenma who was aggressively shaking his head. It looked like Kuroo and the other captains were force feeding their kouhais.

"Kenma!" you called as you went over to him.