Chapter 4

Your POV

You woke up feeling happy. So happy. You were still half asleep, so you had no idea why. Then, yesterday's events started coming back to you.

You sat up quickly with your eyes wide open to regain full consciousness. Did all that really happen?

Looking around the room, you see the other girls still asleep. Your mind goes back to Ukai-kun and how he held your waist and then your hand. Then you reminisce at how warm it was. A part of you wanted to feel that touch again.

He was just trying to shoo the creep away. Don't assume. You wanted to hope that it might be a little more than that, but you did not allow yourself to do so.

🐱🐱🐱

Ukai's POV

Today, the practice matches continue. Throughout the day, no matter what team we're against, I constantly find myself looking towards Nekoma's bench.

I try to focus on the game. But it's too difficult while being aware of the presence of a certain (eye color)-eyed girl.

We lost the match against Fukurodani, so the team had to take the penalty which were diving laps. I took this time to take a glance at the woman who was occupying my mind.

There she sat, her eyes following the ball her team is playing with against Shinzen High. The ball lands on the opponent's side of the court, and she looks down to write something on her clipboard. She's just so-

I hear sneakers squeaking in front of me. I look up to see 12 sweaty boys in front of me, done with their laps. I glanced for too long. *Imaginary face palm*

They turn their heads to follow my previous line of sight. In unison, they turn back to face me. Tanaka, Nishinoya and Hinata had big smirks on their faces. The others had different expressions, while some hade none, but they were all thinking the same thing.

An irk mark appears on my forehead, which I then massaged to calm myself down.

"Why are you all so happy after losing a game?" I look over Kiyoko's record and start coaching the boys; telling them what they need to improve on, what they're doing great already, and finally what they need to stop doing.

"Last thing, stop looking at me like that. Go warm up for your next game." I tell everyone.

Stop looking at her. Get a hold of yourself.

🐱🐱🐱

After the last match for the day, Nishinoya comes up to me. "Coach, can I borrow your phone to call my mom?" he asks.

"Okay." I held out my phone for him to receive.

"Thanks coach!". He stays rooted in front of me as he types in a number, copying from a piece of paper. After doing that, he returns the phone to me.

I thought he was gonna call his mom. I look at the contact information displayed on the screen, then back at Nishinoya. I give him a confused expression.

IS HE TRYING TO SET ME UP WITH HIS MOM?! Great, how do I deal with this without being rude?

"Coach, that's Nekomata-san's number. You go fill out the name with a heart or whatever lovey-dovey name you want.".

I was dumbfounded. I turned off my phone and placed it in my pocket and shoo-ed Nishinoya away with an irritated bark. He left with a big smile on his face. He had his chest puffed out with his hands on his hips as he walked to Hinata.

When he was out of sight, I turned around to face the wall, and took out my phone to save the number displayed on the screen.

(Click.) N
(Click.) e
(Click.) k
(Click.) o
(Click.) m
(Click.) a
(Click.) t
(Click.) a
(Click.) space bar
(Click. Click. Click..) first name
(Click.) emojis
(Scroll.. scroll..)
(Click.) ❤️
*cringe at myself*
(Click.) backspace
(Click.) 😻
*cringe even more*
(Click.) backspace
(Click.) hide keyboard
(Click.) Save new contact as Nekomata (name)