Chapter 7

Your POV

"HUH?!" you squeaked. You felt blood rush to your cheeks so you covered your face with two palms.

"It took me a lot of guts to say that, please answer." he crossed his arms with a manly pout.

"Why so suddenly though?" you whine. You were so flustered, and Ukai-kun could clearly see that. This made him chuckle.

"I've been meaning to take you out but I wasn't sure if you would like that." you were still cowering behind your hands, not giving a reply. "This was the second time you called me hot, so I decided to go for it." he continued. He managed to say this looking unbelievably calm.

You didn't know what to say to that. So... he likes me?

"So?" he asks after you stayed quiet for a minute.

Your hands were still on your face, head tilted down. You couldn't pick up your voice to speak. So with your dominant hand, you held up an 'okay' sign signifying your consent.

You took a peek and saw Ukai-kun smiling widely and chuckling. This made you feel warm and lower your arms to your sides.

Ukai's POV

She looked amused with the way I was smiling so I spoke up. "Where do you wanna go?" I ask.

My lips were still curved upwards, I couldn't help it. I'm now dating the beautiful woman in front of me.

It would have been embarrassing if she said no.

She looks at her watch and makes a small frown. "I still have to get back in time for dinner." she says. "Anywhere would be great but I can't stay too long." I mentally sigh in relief. I thought she was trying to ditch, guess the date is still a go.

I try to think. A sudden thought made me smirk. "Hot chocolate? I'll cook for you too." I tilt my head to the entrance of the store.

Wait, now that I think about it more... that's super lame for a first date! I was about to take back what I said until a huge smile appeared on her face. It also seemed like her eyes were glimmering.

"I love hot chocolate!" that was so cute. It's very appealing, how such a simple thing made her happy. And how she wasn't turned off by such a lame offer.

I gave her a pat on the head, and walked past to open the door for her.

🐱🐱🐱

Nekomata-chan was seated in front of me. I opened the brown paper bag to see what she brought. "Konnyaku dumplings?" I was surprised that she happened to get me my favorite.

"Mhmm." she nods. "Takeda-san told me you liked them."

Oh okay- but how would he even know that? "So, you did your research?" I asked, my left brow raised suggestively.

"No, I didn't ask him. He suddenly came up to me during camp and said 'Ukai-kun likes konnyaku dumplings by the way' and left." she said defensively.

I was listening to her as I poured hot chocolate on to two cups. "Was it obvious?" I said, I was actually curious.

"Was what obvious?" She asked innocently.

"That I was into you." I pushed a cup towards her.

This made her tense up. A light tint started to show on her cheeks. I think she hasn't coped with that fact yet.

"No, I had no idea." She said shyly, looking down at her hot choco. "You know, this feels just like the first time we met." I hear her say while I walked into the kitchen.