Chapter 5

Your POV

You've been staring at the blank wall for a couple minutes now. Today was the first day of training camp, all the teams stronger than before. You weren't so sure about Karasuno though, they seemed unsynchronized. But you could tell that there were individual improvements, they just haven't gotten used to the changes.

Around you were the same female managers from before, plus a new cute one from Karasuno. They were all fast asleep. Why couldn't you?

No, it's probably the caffeine. You previously guessed it bothered you that you didn't get to talk much to Ukai-kun today. You didn't communicate during the time you were both away from each other, despite him have your number and you having his. When there weren't any matches, he would be coaching Kageyama on his tosses. This made you curious as to why he needed to work on his tosses. His tosses are already perfect from what I've seen. Must be something new.

Wanting to push the thought of him away from your mind, you decided to close your eyes, consciously shutting them till you fall asleep.

You slowly drift into the depth of darkness. Yes, sleep. You intend on escaping your never ending thoughts of him, only to meet him in your dreams. It was good to sleep.

Ting~

So annoying. It was hard to sleep! And just when you were about to, the phone beside you made you jolt back up.

It was yours. Your phone vibrated, so you picked it up from the floor. Your eyes squinted from the brightness of the screen. Once your vision adjusted, your heart couldn't keep up to what your eyes were seeing. There's definitely no way I can go back to sleep now.

Ukai Keishin

Are u awake?

Yesss

Your hands were slightly shaking as you typed in your reply. So, I guess we're texting now. You were smirking under the sheets of your futon. You waited for a minute, then your phone vibrated once again.

This time it wasn't a quick ting, the buzzing didn't end. You quickly take off the covers to stand up, ninja your way across the room, quietly open the door, and nervously answer the incoming call. I guess we're calling now.

"Ukai-kun?"

"Nekomata-chan. Sorry, did I disturb your sleep?" The voice on the other end made your ears ring.

"No, not at all. Can't sleep." you placed your arms around you as the breeze was quite cold tonight.

"Me neither. And I remembered something."

"What is it?"

"You owed me a treat."

"What?(!)" So we were texting, then we're calling, and now-

Kamisama, this is too fast.

"You told me to remind you that you would treat me."

"Ohhhhhhhh." In your mind, you were beating yourself for the misunderstanding. "Yes, of course. Wait, you want to go now?"

"I'm kinda hungry but it's okay if-"

"No no, it's totally fine. I'll be down in a minute."

You went back into the room, making sure not to make a sound. You picked out a simple outfit and wore a black coat over it. You grabbed your  phone and wallet, then went outside.