Chapter 8

Ukai's POV

I look over to Nekomata-chan. "If you want." she whispers and smiles.

I turn my head to her mother. "Thank you, Nekomata-san. That sounds great!"

She leads us into the house, me and Nekomata-chan walking beside each other. Their house was very homey. There were pictures everywhere, a lot of Nekomata-chan as a kid. I should tease her about this later hehe, these pictures are cute as heaven!

"Honey, (name)-chan is here! And we also have a guest!" Nekomata-san excitedly announces.

"Oh?" Her husband says from somewhere around the house.

"Sorry for the intrusion!" I say.

I hear silence. Then I hear the sound of plates. As I came into Nekomata-chan's parents' view, her father adjusted his glasses. It looks like that sound came from him placing a stack of plates on the table to pay more serious attention to the situation.

"(name)-chan, you brought a boy over?" He said with a stern face. I grew nervous, and Nekomata-chan did too.

"That's great! We're grateful for your company!" He did a 180 and said happily. "Take a seat, take a seat." haves at me.

"Dinner will be served in a few." Her mother says.

"Ah- Nekomata-san, is there anything I can help with?" I said, like the good boy I was raised to be.

All three of them started to say 'no' repeatedly. Nekomata-chan pushing my back with both hands towards the dining area. Although, I had to walk because her pushing wasn't getting me anywhere. "No no no, just sit down and relax. You're the guest." this made me chuckle a bit. Cute.

🐱🐱🐱

"What's your name, son?" The head of the family says. We were gathered on the rectangular table, talking in between bites of our food.

"Ukai Keishin, Sir." with a respectful tone, I say.

"Ukai? Your grandfather's friend, (name)-chan?" he clarifies.

"Mhmm."

"My grandfather, Nekomata-san."

"Oh, how lovely." Mrs. Nekomata joins in.

"Okay Ukai-kun... how do you know my daughter?" he puts his chopsticks down. He had a serious expression.

"Well.." i scratch my forehead with my finger. "I asked her on a date earlier today." I gave a sheepish smile.

Both her mother and father quietly looked over to Nekomata-chan.

Your POV

You almost chocked on your food. You weren't expecting him to be so straightforward. Your parents never pried into your romantic relationships because you never had one. Sad but true. It was out of the question. Them hearing something of the sort for the first time... you were scared for your life. You had no idea how they would approach this situation. I'm already an adult, but would they be against it? Would they be overprotective? Would they be too hands on? Would they synchronized attack me?

3rd person POV

I thought we'd never have grandchildren! (name)'s parent thought the same thing

Your POV

Their facial expression softened. "Finally!"

"I thought I'd never live to see this day!"