Chapter 3

Your POV

Once again, blood rushes to your face. You hid it with both hands.

"Please forget about it, sofu.".

He chuckles at this. Although he doesn't particularly like Ukai, he is amused with the state you're in since he's never seen you like this before.

"So my girl likes Keishin." He laughs.

"Wahhh? I-I never said that!" this only makes him laugh more.

You see Inuoka peep up from the back. "WHO COACH?!"

Now all the boys directed their cat ears and cat eyes towards you. "I said Keishin, Inu. You know, Karasuno's coach?" your grandfather satisfied their curiosity. Now, everyone erupted in surprise. Even Kenma looked up from his device.

"Sofu!" You gasp at the man beside you. You never thought he would say that.

"YOU CALLED HIM HOT STORE GUY, MISS KITT?!" Inu adds to the embarrassment. How much did he hear?! Everyone starts laughing and asking if you really like Ukai.

You stand with your knees on your chair to face Inuoka who is standing at the row behind you. "Stop repeating embarrassing things, Inuoka Sō." You say with a stoic impression as you push his head down for him to sit. "You all seem energetic even after six games. I guess six more won't hurt once we get back." You look at everyone and see them quiet down. You sit back down comfortably.

"Thought so." you say in a whisper loud enough to hear.

You look over to coach Naoi who was driving and see him chuckling to himself. "We're gonna crash if you don't stop laughing over there, coach Naoi." that wipes of the smile on his face, as fear replaces it.

After seconds of silence... Inuoka taps the shoulder of the man beside you. "She didn't deny it, right coach?" They both smirk at each other until they found themselves laughing again, everyone chuckling along.

You bury your face into your neck pillow feeling hopeless. You decided to ignore their teasing.

After all, you really didn't deny it.

🐱🐱🐱

Today, your team was hosting a volleyball training camp. According to the others, the participating schools were Fukurodani, Shinzen and Ubugawa. Although, whenever you asked, they kept smiling as they answered.

They must be really excited to be smiling that wide, you thought to yourself.

You didn't grow that skeptical because you were excited too. You couldn't wait too see other tough players, and watch as your team beats them.

You were also excited to see other girls, being the only one in the team.

You haven't seen Yukie and Kaori in a long time. And the Fukurodani boys too. Nekoma has close ties with Fukurodani, so you knew them quite well.

You see the Fukurodani bus arrive. Next thing you know, two girls are running and jumps at you.

"Ahhhh! I miss you girls too!" You tell them.

The other teams arrive as well. Everyone's in the court, each team doing their own warmup. 30 minutes have gone by but they haven't started any official practice match yet.

"Kai!" You call the vice captain of Nekoma and motion for him to come over to you. "Why aren't we starting yet?" you ask.

"Miss kitt, never underestimate a good warmup." With that, he walks back to his teammates.