Adora x Reader (platonic)

You didn't like it, not one bit. It all seemed strange. Unnatural. The entire Brightmoon palace was empty and quiet. Too quiet. You brough your sword out of its hilt for safety.
"ADORA?!" You yelled.
"No, not Adora." You heard another voice speak out in the dark, Yellow and Blue eyes shone from across the room.
"Catra."
"Hey (Y/n), Your late you know."
"Better late than never." You reply, smiling at the tanned girl, she smiled back, lazily swinging her tail, a jacket laying softly on her shoulders.
"I suppose. But you really should have been here early. Glimmer is a mess. 'Everything has to be perfect'" You laugh at the impression, rolling your eyes at the girl.
The lights flickered on as another figure walked into the room.
"Catra? Glimmer wants you to- ooh! Hello (Y/n)! I forgot to tell you, Hordak and I finished the repairs on you sword." Entrapta walked towards you on both pigtails, smiling widely. The sword you held meant nothing to you, the one that did, the sister one to the She Ra sword, was with Entrapta. You trust Entrapta with your life if it came down to it. She would be your number one friend, if not for Adora and Catra.
"I better go find out what Sparkles wants, see you later." Catra says, walking out the door, waving a hand.
You wave back before turning back to the purple haired girl.
"Sooo! Can I see it?" You ask, she nods, brandishing a long black sword from her hair. Your black sword.
"Try it out." She whispers, dropping the blade into your hands.
"Ok. For the Loyalty of Grayskull!" You say, feeling the familiar sensation of transformation. You had wanted to make some... minor ajustments to your armour after Adora had gotten a full reboot. For one, getting rid of the skirt. However, until Entrapta had figured out how to safely alter the sword, you had to stay with it. And she had. So now, you sported a pair of balck metallic leggings and A tight, long sleeved shirt. Again black. The only things you hadn't changed where the boots and the head crown. And of course the poofy hair and 8ft tallness that comes with it. Hey, You gotta get what you can!
"Its even better than I thought it would be!!" Entrapta squeeled excitedly.
"Thank you so much! And, send my thanks to Hordak."You replied. How weird, you though, a couple of years ago you would never had dreamed of saying such a thing but.. here we are.

"(Y/N), HELP!!! IT WAS A TRAPPP!" Catra shouts, skidding through the door, Glimmer close on trail.
"If I could just brush it." She said, looking fiercely at the hairbrush, then at Catra's head. Said girl had hidden behind you, sticking her tounge out at the Queen.

"What's happening?I heard a shout!"
"Adora!" Both you and Catra shout at the same time, She was happy to see her girlfriend, You, your parter. No, not a romantic partner. But a sisterly partner. Both you and Adora had come through that portal, that fateful night. The Horde new and had told you that you had no blood bond however you had always felt like her sister. This just increased when you found the swords. They were crossed, cossed in the earth and destiny. Her sword contained the powers to become She Ra, princess of power Yours to become (name), Guardian and sister sword of She Ra. It made sense, you would sacrifice your life for Adora.
Mara had one like you. Anna, she was called. They both died to protect you from the fate set in stone. Little did it work.
Today was the anniversary of the day the Horde got defeated. Hence the panic of Glimmer. She wanted everything to be perfect today, for Adora mainly.
Being the anniversary day, it was also The anniversary of Catra and Adora's.... get to together. The day you got shunned aside.

The pair walked to the front of the room, holding a silence for everybody. Whilst you had been if thought, the room had filled with very familiar faces. Mermista, Seahawk, Swiftwind, Netossa, Spinerella and their small child, Wendy (often called by her nickname, Windy.) And that was only a small amount of people in the room.

"I- We have something to say. We are having a child." As soon as those words left Adora's mouth your world came crashing down. You had been able to smile and say nothing as you watched your time with Adora decrease in favour of Catra. But now, now that there will be a child. Well, you could be good as gone.
Among the cheering you stood still as anything.

Adora was staring directly at you as she said the news, she could not wait for her best friend to know. She didn't expect your smile to drop from your face. She didn't expect you to stand there, blankly. Last of all, she didn't expect you to leave. Weaving through the crowds, heading towards the exit.
She looked over to Catra who had also noticed. Catra nodded at her, encouraging her to go after you. She stepped down from the platform she was stood at, hurrying after you, tearing through the crowd.

You sat outside Brightmoon hall on a small bench, looking out across the lake. A few tears sliding down you face.
"(Y/n)? Where- oh." As Adora's voice came into hearing, you pushed back the wet sitting of your cheeks.
"Oh, hi Adora. I-It was just really stuffy in there an-"
"You've been crying. Why?" She said, staring into your face. You would have though that the
covered you enough. Clearly not.
"Why, (Y/n)." She said, more roughly, grasping one of your shoulders.
Still you said nothing. What were you suppose to say? That you hated the Catra? That you hated herb unborn?
"(Y/n). I want the truth. No matter what it is. I won't hate you, I promi-"
"I HATE IT ALL!" You yelled.
"I HATE HOW THE ONLY TIME WE CAN SPEND TIME TOGETHER IS ON PATROL. OTHERWISE ITS CATRA THIS AND CATRA THAT. BUT NOW- now that your having a child. We won't do anything together."
"Thats not true. We have hung out loads recently. And when was the last time I blew you off for Catra?" She argued back standing up.
"What? Well, this morning. I asked if you could help me with this study I was doing and you said 'sorry i can't. I want to go speak with Catra.'
Another example? Last night. I asked you if you wanted to have an old school Horde sleepover. I even invited Catra. But you said 'No thanks. I just want to go snuggle down for bed.... with Catra.'" Obviously you said this with ease. You couldn't help but think about them, over and over in your head. But to Adora. Well, she had never though of it this way.
During your speech you had stood up, facing the blonde, taking steps towards her.

"(Y/n). I-I didn't know. I just-"
"No, I get it. I have done my job as Guardian to She Ra. Even more so, done my job as a best friend." And saying that. You turned around. You got back into the hall. Everybody in this stupid place was asking for Adora.
"Where is Adora?"
"Is Adora Ok?"
"Adora"
"Adora"
"Adora"
"JUST SHUT UP!" you shouted at the next person to approch you. Looking up you realised it was Entrapta, Hordak at her side.
"Are you Ok. I get a feeling your not." She said, lookig genuinely confused.
Hordak pulled at her arm, wispering in her ear.
"(Y/n). How would you like to come stay with us, In Dryl for a bit." Hordak said, gently. For some reason he knew exactly what was up. Maybe its the fact that he has seen you grow up. Maybe he can read your emotions.
You nod, find yourself envoloped in hair. The three of you leave brightmoon and you... you don't return.