A well needed break

Picture of Indila's best friend Layla and little sister Boma above. Don't forget to vote, comment, share, and drop a follow.

Indila pov
It was finally Christmas break and I was going home to sweet food, sleep and best friend, oh and of course my family.

I hugged all my friends and we also agreed on going out on a specific day during this break, I waved them goodbye and was on my way downstairs. If not that one of my luggage's was smaller than the other two I would have probably fainted or better yet left the bags, it was much easier when Bisola was there to help me carry them.

As soon as I reached the parking lot I sighted one of my parents other cars just by looking at the plate number, I waited for the toyota camry 2020 trd to get to where I stood, when it did my bestie and baby sis literally ran out the car to give me a hug a bone crushing one at that. When they had let me go they asked how school had been and they even helped me carry my bag to the boot.

As I was talking to the both of them I noticed that people had started gawking at Layla my best friend, I wasn't really amused by this action, Layla is biracial, her mum is Nigerian Kalabari to be exact and her dad is french, I know right such a unique couple. She was very light in complexion, her 4a  hair was very curly, she had beautiful freckles littered all over her face, she is extremely smart, her 5'6 frame gave her benefits when it came to boys, and lastly she had the body of a model. Any time we walked together people will stop and stare, you know Nigerians when they see someone that has different features than they are used they must stare. I remember when my mum used to call us "different shades of black".

"Alright let's go before you finish the whole gist and we are also wasting Mr. Adebayo's time," Boma said, she was dark skinned just like me but a little lighter, had 4c hair, she looks to be at least 5'5,  and she had also developed quickly. If you saw Boma on the road you wouldn't know she was a JSS3 student rather you would think she was in SS3.

We entered the car and I greeted Mr. Adebayo and also apologized for wasting time, and just like that we were on our way home.

********************************************

Terry's pov

I shook hands with the guys and walked downstairs to the lobby of our hostel where I saw two juniors talking, I called the both of them and told them to come carry my luggage's to my car, when they had put it into the boot I was about to enter the car, then I noticed that Indila was walking to her parents car.

I looked at her struggling to roll her luggage's and I snickered, when she could have just told a junior to help her she decided to suffer, sha they don't like sending juniors. I watched her struggle until she stopped. In that moment I admired her, her dark skin shining probably because she rubbed extra oil on it, I always admired the fact that she was thicc and very curvatures, her big plump ass was on showcase for me seeing as she was wearing skinny jeans, her attempt to cover it up with here baggy house wear shirt failed because her ass was so big her top just rode up. Two girls ran out of the car that was now parked in front of her and hugged her, I noticed one was biracial and she was really pretty but not my type, and the other was her sister  Boma , she looked so grown from when I last saw her but she still had the same face. The car honk drew me out of my gaze, and I walked into the 2019 rolls royce cullinan.

"Guy was that who I think it was?" James asked, James is my elder brother who had just finished law school in the U.S and came back to Nigeria to stay for a while and he decided to come pick me up. "Who are you talking about?"I asked playing dumb, "stop playing dumb now, is that fatty or not?" as soon as he said those words my mood changed, "that young woman was my best friend before anything else and you know that, so you address her by name when you talk to me," by now my voice had a low and menacing etch to it.

"Haba I am sorry oo don't bite my head off, and thank God you have come to your senses and noticed that she was your best friend," when those words left his mouth all the anger radiating off me disappeared and sadness took over, "so you are telling me you haven't made up with the chick," he said obviously studying my facial expression, I didn't reply.

"Guy what the fuck are you waiting for?!  this is your last year and her's also, what if you don't see her again after you graduate?" he reasoned with me, "it's not as easy as you think," I replied defeated, "what is not easy you both are now grown, you are eighteen and she is probably seventeen, when did this thing even start?" he scolded me, I kept shut and that's how it was through out the ride back home.

I don't blame James for reacting in such a way she was always special to me, and almost everybody if not everybody in my nuclear family likes her,  I remember my mum used to say," the day you grow up and decide to marry Ebeire I will plan the whole wedding ceremony including the traditional one" I smiled at that memory, my mum loved her so much that she never even called her by her first name but by her native name.

She saw her as a daughter and a future daughter- in-law, but unfortunately I shattered my mum's dreams of me getting married to her by pushing the girl in question away, just because I wanted to be popular. Now look at my life, they only know me as a bully and playboy, all of them including her.

Kalabari= they are a sub-group of the Ijaw people.

House wear= a specific uniform / shirt given to boarders to wear in the hostel if they please.

Haba= please