Our wounded relationship

A/N: I used this song for so many reasons, but I will mention the sole purpose for me using this song. I used it as the concept of her thinking that she was strong enough to move on  from her depressing state and have a normal relationship with the person she has longed for for so many years but it isn't so simple as she has come to realize  and now she's breaking both their hearts. I hope you all understand what I am saying.

Indila's Pov

I was about to kiss him, our faces were very close. But I came back to my senses and stopped myself, I didn't want to make our relationship more complicated than it already was, we still have unhealed wounds that we need to heal. I wasn't just going to fall for him and every thing will be ok, Terry did a lot to me without even knowing, both good and bad things Terry has done to me. 

I pulled away and he looked confused, "I am sorry I just can't do it this way, it wouldn't work," he looked at me and something in his eyes changed, he looked hurt. "I am sorry I put you through all that, I really am," he said, his voice cracking.

I touched his face so gently, that it was as if I used a feather. And then, I pulled him into a genuine and tight hug, hugging him like this was my last time seeing him, like I was going to die and leave him. I released him from the hug and looked him once again in the eyes and stepped back ready to walk away.

He grabbed onto my arm and said, "Words Indi, use your words," I looked at his face he was on the verge of tears, "I love you, I really do but.... I can't hurt you by bringing you into my broken world, I can't also let you break my world more. No, no I won't do that again." I said choking back tears. "So are you going to leave me? Are you just going to walk away with my heart like that?" he asked almost above a whisper.

"I am sorry sugarplum," he looked surprised at the old nickname I used, a nickname I hadn't called him in a long time. "You remembered, my favorite candy," he breathed out. I looked at him one more time before walking away for good.

*1 Month Later*

It has been a month since I had my last conversation with Terry. And I could say it has been the most dramatic month I have ever spent in this school, Terry kept letting his "bad mood" affect his job as the Head Boy. For the past month and a half he has been punishing more juniors and even bullying some of them( I knew he use to bully but this was out of control), and he has been trying his best not to hit Tamera that's for sure. And the only good news that has come out of this past month and a half is that, people actually forgot about the fact that Tamera labeled me a thief.

If he continued like this he will get someone severely hurt or hurt himself. Apart from that I avoided any sort of contact with him as best as I could, and I only talked to Honor and Timi who were the only one out of his friends in their friend group who still talked to me. 

"You need to have a conversation with him," he told me, "Honor you know I can't do that I haven't talked to him in weeks, it will be so awkward," "babe forget that, have you seen the guy he has become the devil? If you don't at least do something he will lose his position as head boy," he reasoned with me. "But why do I have to talk to him, am I his parents?!" I asked upset at everyone telling me to talk to him.

"Because you are the one that put him in a bad mood, you are the one that broke him ," he said calmly, "the fuck do you now want me to tell him, don't be angry Terry I love you I was just joking?" I asked him already tired of arguing over and over again, I was tired of them saying it was my fault. "Well I don't know but you got to tell him something at least, and besides here's your chance he is coming here," Honor said defeated.

 I stiffened as those words left his mouth. I was about to scurry away like I normally do when I see him coming my way, but Honor held me in place. "Honor hafa na?" he dabbed up Honor. "Indila?" he said making it seem like a question, I turned around slowly and gave him a short awkward wave of my hand. "What are you doing here?" he asked, his voice cold and distant.

"I came to talk to Honor," I said fidgeting and avoiding eye contact with him. He whispered something into Honor's ear and he walked away leaving us alone. We just stood in front of each other, it was deadly silent and very awkward for about ten seconds before I decided to speak up, "um.....excuse me head boy, but I need to be somewhere right now," I said trying to quickly run away. He held my arm, "where do you need to be?" his voice was cold but very low.

"I..I need to be-" I kept on stammering unable to complete my sentence, "You need to be?" he asked again, now turning me around to look at him. "You can't avoid me the whole year, I am your head boy, I am your family friend, and we share some classes together," he said with disdain dripping from his tongue. I gulped and said, " And you need to stop acting like I am your girlfriend who broke up with you," "look at you you seem like the devil in a school boys uniform, you need to stop taking your anger out on others," I was already getting angry, how ironic?

"You are the head boy, yet you abuse your power as one, that isn't going to help your records," now I was practically pleading with him, "I have better places to be if you don't mind, I will like to be excused." I disconnected my arm from his grip and walked away.

I know this chapter took a sharp turn, and to some of you it might not make any sense but I will love for you all to be nice if you are going to comment about it. I don't really know why I decided this chapter should take such a turn, but I guess it has been leading up to this in some ways. But maybe it hasn't it really depends on what you (the readers) think, but I really do hope you enjoy this chapter.