Back to base

Terry's POV
"Finally back to the fore walls of this horrid school, chai! The holidays were exceptional interesting though," I thought.

The school's parking lot was filled with expensive looking cars, which I thought would have reduced a little because it was afternoon now. Parents or drivers dropping kids off, maybe have a chat with them and leave. I was stood at the sidewalk watching everyone bid their farewells to whoever dropped them off, and running to hug their friends or shaking them.

Suddenly I felt someone slap my back gently, so I turned around to be met face to face with Timi's smiling right back at me. "Ha fa na guy?" he asked, "nothing much I dey oo, just dey watch," I replied him. "Where your box's na?" he asked again seeing that I wasn't with my luggage. "You know na I sent some juniors to help me carry them to the hostel," I answered his question.

We started walking to the hostel while I was gisting Timi about my holiday experience, which in turn he told me how he spent his in Mauritius. "Guy everything about the place was beautiful. The food, scenery, beaches, hotel, malls, and don't even get me started with the women," he kept on rambling. "Your playboy instincts have kicked in abi?" I asked him, "Wetin I do now? I just said the women there are pretty," he replied giving me an innocent smile.

I hissed. By now we were standing in our dorm, and unlike the girls dorm we had to share our dorm with juniors, because we are "less immature than the girls" more like troublesome, I thought, and putting a bunch of boys in the same class or that are in the same friend group, in one room causes destruction and problems. Which is very true in my opinion and because I have experienced it first hand.

"Josh! Joshua!" Timi shouted Josh's name. He came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist, his hair falling in his face, with water dripping from his god giving form "in his mind oo mtchew," I thought. In all he looked like any girls typical wet dream, which I have to admit it's true. I really do have the most attractive friends don't I?

"What is that you want from me now?" He asked Timi impatiently while putting on some clothes, "you wan go tuck shop?" Timi asked him. "Why not? let me just finish wearing my clothes then we can go," he replied. On our way to the tuck I spotted Indila and her friends.

"Will you stop staring and just go and talk to her," Josh whispered in my ear, noticing I was staring at her. "I would, but things didn't end well the last time we saw," I informed him referring to the dinner we had at my house, "what happened? Did the dinner not go well? Did you mess up?" He asked. "Calm down guy I will tell you when we reach hostel," I replied cooly.

The tuck shop was crowded today because students had enough money(voucher) to come and buy food "Madam Gold! Madam Gold! ha fa na?" I hollered at the tuck shop lady. She is in her mid-twenties, fair, a slim physique, and her hair was in box braids. "I dey oo Terry, wetin you want?" she asked, "the usual," the boys and I were usual customers of madam Gold so she knew our normal orders. She handed me the agege bread, the cold fanta, and shortbread biscuit in a black nylon bag.

We walked back to our hostel, with our snacks in hand. when we got to the dorm we were met with the presence of the only junior in our dorm and my school son. "Afam how was your holiday?" Timi was the first to ask, "It was wonderful senior Timi and thank you for asking, how was yours?" he asked in reply, "It was good," Timi replied "oya come and hug me." He walked over to Timi and hugged him.

Afam is in Jss3 and he is very respectful, kind, very intelligent, handsome, and he comes from a prestigious family too. I also admire his character, and he has always been like this ever since I knew him. Afam wasn't just the only junior in our dorm, but he is also a family friend of mine and more or less my school son. He looked up to me, which I don't think is the best idea. But hey, who am I to judge?

Indila's POV
"Back at it again," I thought walking into Waleed International. It looked exactly how we had left it, just that today it was much more busier in the parking lot, even as it was till morning. With drivers or parents coming to drop of kids and kids either not wanting to come back or running to meet their friends. Y'know the usual first day of being back to boarding school.

I looked to the left to see a fair girl, with curly dark hair on her knees begging her mother who was wearing a very expensive looking suit, not to leave her because she didn't want to stay in this school anymore, and her mum told her, "Ah ah Nifemi, you are going to graduate this year it is ok you won't have to come back here next year again, ehn." She consoled her crying daughter.

I looked away from them and strolled down to the girls hostel. I knew how she felt, in fact every student knew how she felt, I mean except for those who loved school, I am sure even they get tired of school.

Walking into the reception  I noticed that girls were still downstairs chatting in their various friend groups, I dodged the crowd of girls to the stairs occasionally getting greetings from most of the girls, which I of course returned the greetings to. I climbed up the stairs and to my dorm room, where I found two lousy girls laying on their beds that were directly facing each other, gossiping.

I dropped my luggage by the door and walked up to Danielle and smacked her bum and because she was lying on her stomach it was easier. "Ow na! Wetin dey do you sef?" She asked angrily while rubbing her sore butt. "Abeggi shut up joor, every time you and Joyce are gossiping about something, una no dey do something else?" I asked slightly amused by her outburst— Danielle was never one to shout at someone even if they hit he, she is an action person, she rather slap you too or throw something back at you.

"I always tell them that, and thank God you are on my side," I heard Bisola say from the entrance of the room, I turn to look at the fourth resident of the dorm and my friend, she was stood the with two box's in hand- well not really one was on its own and she held onto the other.

Bisola walked inside the room and we started arranging our clothes together, while we were arranging the others were filling us in on their holidays. After getting our things arranged and putting the room in good shape we headed for the tuck shop because apparently Joyce is hungry as always. "Babe you fit swallow your whole provision for this term before mid-term break and you won't add weight one bit," Bisola told her- I mean that's very true, Joyce maybe tiny but she can eat food ehn and she never grows, I don't know if it that's how her metabolism works or she just does exercise.

After Joyce bought what she needed from the tuck shop we walked down a little bit to where it was less crowded and stood, we stood there and chatted for about ten minutes and walked away. Unbeknownst to me that four pair of eyes were on me while I stood there.

Yes I know what you are thinking. My lazy self finally got my life together and decided to update, well yeah I did. So far my first period classes have been really boring but my second period has more hyped up students so I am really happy. And I have been doing quite fairly in school getting high mark, getting good score averages, socializing with other people in my class, and making new friends.

I recently heard of the #endsars movement going on right now in Nigeria, and I am going to say this ones and for all they do need to end Sars. The people who have been given this responsibility to serve their citizens and protect them from harm are the ones causing harm, so what do we now need them for if they harm us. Nigerians have started protesting and we hope this changes. Sending my prayers to those of you there and who are protesting.

Who do you people think the other person watching Indila is? Comment down below if you have a guess. But for now bye lovelies, until next time hope you have a good day/evening.